Ginger: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Ginger: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, one ginger, tablespoon and more
How many calories in ginger?
To show you what does it mean, medium size ginger (110 g) has about 88 calories.
It is about 4% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size ginger is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 1.5 apples
- 1 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 0.5 slice of cheese
- 0.5 slice of bread
- 0.5 glass of milk
- 4.5 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you have to bike at least 13 minutes, swim for about 10 minutes or run for 9 minutes.
See all nutrition data of ginger on charts.
Ginger: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Carbs Total||17.77 g||~ 5 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||~ 0.6 g|
|Fat||0.75 g||~ 0.2 g|
|Protein||1.82 g||~ 0.5 g|
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 ginger roots?
As I wrote before medium size ginger (110 g) has 88 calories. It is easy to count that two ginger roots have about 176 calories and three ginger roots have about 264 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five ginger roots.
- Medium size ginger (110 g)88 kcal
- Tablespoon of ginger (15g)12 kcal
- Teaspoon of ginger (5g)4 kcal
- Slice of ginger (4g)3 kcal
- Ginger cup, chopped (113g)90 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of ginger23 kcal
- Half of medium size ginger44 kcal
- Small size ginger (88g)70.4 kcal
- Big size ginger (143g)114.4 kcal
- Two medium size ginger roots176 kcal
- Three medium size ginger roots264 kcal
- Four medium size ginger roots352 kcal
- Five medium size ginger roots440 kcal
Protein in ginger
Ginger has 1.82 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size ginger (110 g) you can see that you will get about 2 g of protein.
Carbs in ginger
Ginger has 17.77 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size ginger (110 g) has about 19.5 g of carbs.
Fat in ginger
Ginger has 0.75 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size ginger (110 g) has about 0.8 g of fat.
medium size ginger (110 g) has:88kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
ginger - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.75 mg
- Vitaminium B50.203 mg
- Vitaminium B60.16 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)11 mcg
- Vitaminium C5 mg
- Vitaminium E0.26 mg
- Vitaminium K0.1 mg
Energy content of ginger
- 84% CARBS
- 9% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
ginger - minerals per 100g
- Potassium415 mg
- Phosphorus34 mg
- Magnessium43 mg
- Calcium16 mg
- Sodium13 mg
- Iron0.6 mg
- Zink0.34 mg
Interesting charts - compare ginger with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how ginger looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does mint have?
- Calories in handful of tarragon leaves
- Calories in tablespoon of tarragon leaves
- Calories in bunch of tarragon leaves
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in thyme?
- How much fat in turmeric?
- How much protein in apricot?
- What is weight of avocado?
- Banana calories per ounce (oz)
- Apple calories per serving size