Garlic vs Ginger: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Garlic
At first glance, you can see that in garlic is much more calories than in ginger.
Garlic has 149 kcal per 100g and ginger 80 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 86%.
In garlic and in ginger most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare garlic with ginger in details.
Fact 2: Garlic And Ginger Nutrition Difference
Ginger vs Garlic: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||33.06 g||17.77 g|
|Fat||0.5 g||0.75 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||2 g|
|Protein||6.36 g||1.82 g|
|Calcium||181 mg||16 mg|
|Iron||1.7 mg||0.6 mg|
|Magnessium||25 mg||43 mg|
|Phosphorus||153 mg||34 mg|
|Potassium||401 mg||415 mg|
|Sodium||153 mg||13 mg|
|Zink||1.16 mg||0.34 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.7 mg||0.75 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.596 mg||0.203 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||1.235 mg||0.16 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||3 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||31.2 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.26 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.7 mg||0.1 mg|
More protein in garlic
It is aslo easy to see see that in garlic is more protein than in ginger.
There is 1.82g per 100g of ginger and 6.36g per 100g of garlic so using simple math we can see that difference is about 249%.
More carbohydrates in garlic
In garlic is more carbohydrates than in ginger.
There is 17.77g/100g of carbohydrates in ginger and 33.06g/100g in garlic so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 86%.
Less fat in garlic
In garlic is less fats than in ginger.
The tables above show us that there is 0.75g/100g of fats in ginger and 0.5g/100g in garlic. In this case difference is about 50%.
- Carbohydrates33.06 g
- Fat0.5 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein6.36 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | clove | cup | half cup
- 82% CARBS.
- 16% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: ginger vs garlic
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): ginger 7% more than garlic
- Vitaminium B5: garlic 194% more than ginger
- Vitaminium B6: garlic 672% more than ginger
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): ginger 267% more than garlic
- Vitaminium C: garlic 524% more than ginger
- Vitaminium E: ginger 225% more than garlic
- Vitaminium K: garlic 1600% more than ginger
Minerals: garlic vs ginger
Compares of garlic
- Garlic vs Broccoli
- Garlic vs Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic vs Cucumber
- Garlic vs Kale
- Garlic vs Leek
- Garlic vs Moringa
- see all compares of garlic
Compares of ginger
- Calories from Garlic
- Calories of Ginger
- Calories in Lemongrass
- Oregano calories per 100g
- Parsley carbs per 100g
- Peppermint protein per 100g
- Rosemary fat per 100g
- How many calories does sage have?
- Calories in handful of mint leaves
- Calories in tablespoon of mint leaves
- Calories in bunch of mint leaves
- How much protein in marjoram?