Cassava vs Ginger: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Cassava
At first glance, you can see that in cassava is much more calories than in ginger.
Cassava has 160 kcal per 100g and ginger 80 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 100%.
In cassava and in ginger most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cassava with ginger in details.
Fact 2: Cassava And Ginger Nutrition Difference
Ginger vs Cassava: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||38.06 g||17.77 g|
|Fat||0.28 g||0.75 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.8 g||2 g|
|Protein||1.36 g||1.82 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||16 mg|
|Iron||0.27 mg||0.6 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||43 mg|
|Phosphorus||27 mg||34 mg|
|Potassium||271 mg||415 mg|
|Sodium||14 mg||13 mg|
|Zink||0.34 mg||0.34 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.854 mg||0.75 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.088 mg||0.16 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||27 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||20.6 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.19 mg||0.26 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.9 mg||0.1 mg|
Less protein in cassava
It is aslo easy to see see that in cassava is less protein than in ginger.
There is 1.82g per 100g of ginger and 1.36g per 100g of cassava so using simple math we can see that difference is about 34%.
More carbohydrates in cassava
In cassava is more carbohydrates than in ginger.
There is 17.77g/100g of carbohydrates in ginger and 38.06g/100g in cassava so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 114%.
Less fat in cassava
In cassava is less fats than in ginger.
The tables above show us that there is 0.75g/100g of fats in ginger and 0.28g/100g in cassava. In this case difference is about 168%.
- Carbohydrates38.06 g
- Fat0.28 g
- Dietary fiber1.8 g
- Protein1.36 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 95% CARBS.
- 3% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: ginger vs cassava
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cassava 14% more than ginger
- Vitaminium B6: ginger 82% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cassava 145% more than ginger
- Vitaminium C: cassava 312% more than ginger
- Vitaminium E: ginger 37% more than cassava
- Vitaminium K: cassava 1800% more than ginger
Minerals: cassava vs ginger
Compares of cassava
- Cassava vs Beetroot
- Cassava vs Butternut Squash
- Cassava vs Carrot
- Cassava vs Cauliflower
- Cassava vs Kale
- Cassava vs Lotus Root
- see all compares of cassava
Compares of ginger
- Calories from Cassava
- Calories of Cauliflower
- Calories in Fodder cabbage
- Cucumber calories per 100g
- Eggplant carbs per 100g
- Endive protein per 100g
- Fava beans fat per 100g
- How many calories does fennel have?
- Calories in a half of kohlrabi
- Calories in whole kohlrabi
- Calories for one, two or more kohlrabi
- How much protein in leek?