Oregano: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in oregano?
In particular, handful of oregano (15 g) has about 46 calories.
It is about 2% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 46 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful of oregano is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 0.5 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about oregano nutrition.
See all nutrition data of oregano on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Handful of Oregano (15 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||handful of oregano (15 g)|
|Carbs Total||64.43 g||18.27 g||9.7 g|
|Dietary fiber||42.8 g||12.13 g||6.4 g|
|Fat||10.25 g||2.91 g||1.5 g|
|Protein||11 g||3.12 g||1.7 g|
oregano - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A6903 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.341 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.32 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)6.22 mg
- Vit B50.921 mg
- Vit B61.21 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)274 mcg
- Vit C50 mg
- Vit E18.86 mg
- Vit K621.7 mg
Energy content of oregano
- 65% CARBS
- 11% PROTEIN
- 23% FAT
oregano - minerals per 100g
- Potassium1669 mg
- Magnessium270 mg
- Calcium1576 mg
- Sodium15 mg
- Iron44 mg
- Zink4.43 mg
- Beta karoten4112 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 oregano?
As I wrote before handful of oregano (15 g) has 46 calories. It is easy to count that two oregano have about 92 calories and three oregano have about 138 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five oregano.
- Handful of oregano (15g)46 kcal
- Tablespoon of oregano (3g)9 kcal
- Cup of oregano (91g)278 kcal
- Half cup of oregano (45.5g)139 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of oregano87 kcal
- Half of medium size oregano23 kcal
- Small size oregano (12g)36.8 kcal
- Big size oregano (20g)59.8 kcal
- Two medium size oregano92 kcal
- Three medium size oregano138 kcal
- Four medium size oregano184 kcal
- Five medium size oregano230 kcal
Protein in oregano
Oregano has 11 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of oregano (15 g) you can see that you will get about 1.7 g of protein.
Carbs in oregano
Oregano has 64.43 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of oregano (15 g) has about 9.7 g of carbs.
Fat in oregano
Oregano has 10.25 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of oregano (15 g) has about 1.5 g of fat.
handful of oregano (15 g) has:46kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare oregano with other spices
When you look at charts below you will see how oregano looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does tarragon have?
- Calories in a half of turmeric
- Calories in whole turmeric
- Calories for one, two or more turmeric leaves
- Calories in tablespoon of turmeric
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in apricot?
- How much fat in avocado?
- How much protein in banana?
- What is weight of blackberry?
- Apple calories per ounce (oz)
- Blackcurrant calories per serving size