Oregano: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Oregano: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in oregano?
In particular, handful of oregano (15 g) has about 46 calories.
It is about 2% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from handful oregano is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 0.5 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you would have to bike at least 7 minutes, swim for about 5 minutes or run for 5 minutes.
See all nutrition data of oregano on charts.
Oregano: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in handful, tablespoon, cup or half cup of oregano?
As I wrote before 100g has 306 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. handful, tablespoon, cup or half cup of oregano.
- Handful of oregano (15g)46 kcal
- Tablespoon of oregano (3g)9 kcal
- Cup of oregano (91g)278 kcal
- Half cup of oregano (45.5g)139 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of oregano87 kcal
- 10g of oregano31 kcal
- 20g of oregano61 kcal
- 50g of oregano153 kcal
- 100g of oregano306 kcal
Protein in oregano
Oregano has 11 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of oregano (15 g) you can see that you will get about 1.7 g of protein.
Carbs in oregano
Oregano has 64.43 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of oregano (15 g) has about 9.7 g of carbs.
Fat in oregano
Oregano has 10.25 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of oregano (15 g) has about 1.5 g of fat.
handful of oregano (15 g) has:46kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
oregano - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A6903 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.341 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.32 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)6.22 mg
- Vitaminium B50.921 mg
- Vitaminium B61.21 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)274 mcg
- Vitaminium C50 mg
- Vitaminium E18.86 mg
- Vitaminium K621.7 mg
Energy content of oregano
- 65% CARBS
- 11% PROTEIN
- 23% FAT
oregano - minerals per 100g
- Potassium1669 mg
- Magnessium270 mg
- Calcium1576 mg
- Sodium15 mg
- Iron44 mg
- Zink4.43 mg
- Beta karoten4112 mg
Does oregano make you fat and how it affect your weight?
Count of calories in oregano is in the middle point in comparsion to other products from spices category. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific spices, oregano seems to be a 'not bad' choice but you can find something better.
Interesting charts - compare oregano with other spices
When you look at charts below you will see how oregano looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does tarragon have?
- Calories in a half of turmeric
- Calories in whole turmeric
- Calories for one, two or more turmeric leaves
- Calories in tablespoon of turmeric leaves
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in apricot?
- How much fat in avocado?
- How much protein in banana?
- What is weight of apple?
- Blackberries calories per ounce (oz)
- Blackcurrant calories per serving size