Thyme: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in thyme?
For instance, handful of thyme (15 g) has about 15 calories.
It is about 1% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 15 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful of thyme is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 cube of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about thyme nutrition.
See all nutrition data of thyme on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Handful of Thyme (15 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||handful of thyme (15 g)|
|Carbs Total||24.45 g||6.93 g||3.7 g|
|Dietary fiber||14 g||3.97 g||2.1 g|
|Fat||1.68 g||0.48 g||0.3 g|
|Protein||5.56 g||1.58 g||0.8 g|
thyme - vitamins per 100g
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.48 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.471 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)1.824 mg
- Vit B50.409 mg
- Vit B60.348 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)45 mcg
Energy content of thyme
- 72% CARBS
- 16% PROTEIN
- 11% FAT
thyme - minerals per 100g
- Potassium609 mg
- Magnessium160 mg
- Calcium405 mg
- Sodium9 mg
- Iron17.45 mg
- Zink1.81 mg
- Beta karoten2851 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 thyme leaves?
As I wrote before handful of thyme (15 g) has 15 calories. It is easy to count that two thyme leaves have about 30 calories and three thyme leaves have about 45 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five thyme leaves.
- Handful of thyme leaves (15g)15 kcal
- Tablespoon of thyme (3g)3 kcal
- Cup of thyme (41g)41 kcal
- Half cup of thyme (20.5g)21 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of thyme29 kcal
- Half of medium size thyme7.5 kcal
- Small size thyme (12g)12 kcal
- Big size thyme (20g)19.5 kcal
- Two medium size thyme leaves30 kcal
- Three medium size thyme leaves45 kcal
- Four medium size thyme leaves60 kcal
- Five medium size thyme leaves75 kcal
Protein in thyme
Thyme has 5.56 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of thyme (15 g) you can see that you will get about 0.8 g of protein.
Carbs in thyme
Thyme has 24.45 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of thyme (15 g) has about 3.7 g of carbs.
Fat in thyme
Thyme has 1.68 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of thyme (15 g) has about 0.3 g of fat.
handful of thyme (15 g) has:15kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare thyme with other spices
When you look at charts below you will see how thyme looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories do blueberries have?
- Calories in a half of cherimoya
- Calories in whole cherimoya
- Calories for one, two or more cherimoyas
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in cherries?
- How much fat in Cranberries?
- How much protein in dates?
- What is weight of durian?
- Black lilac calories per ounce (oz)
- Fejhoa calories per serving size