Sweet Potato: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Sweet potato: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, one sweet potato, cup, cubes and more
How many calories in sweet potato?
For example, medium size sweet potato (230 g) has about 198 calories.
It is about 8% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size sweet potato is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 3.5 apples
- 2.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1.5 slices of bread
- 1.5 glasses of milk
- 10 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you have to bike at least 28 minutes, swim for about 23 minutes or run for 20 minutes.
See all nutrition data of sweet potato on charts.
Sweet potato: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Carbs Total||20.12 g||~ 5.7 g|
|Dietary fiber||3 g||~ 0.9 g|
|Fat||0.05 g||< 0.1 g|
|Protein||1.6 g||~ 0.5 g|
Compare sweet potato:
- sweet potato vs cassava
- sweet potato vs corn
- sweet potato vs pumpkin
- sweet potato vs parsnips
- sweet potato vs butternut squash
- sweet potato vs carrot
- sweet potato vs yam
- sweet potato vs potato
- sweet potato vs red potato
- sweet potato vs rice
- sweet potato vs baby potatoes
- sweet potato vs russet potato
- see all compares of sweet potato
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 sweet potatos?
As I wrote before medium size sweet potato (230 g) have 198 calories. It is easy to count that two sweet potatos have about 396 calories and three sweet potatos have about 594 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five sweet potatos.
- Medium size sweet potato (230 g)198 kcal
- Sweet potato cup, cubes (150g)129 kcal
- Sweet potato cup, mashed (210g)181 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of sweet potatos24 kcal
- Half of medium size sweet potato99 kcal
- Small size sweet potato (184g)158.4 kcal
- Big size sweet potato (299g)257.4 kcal
- Two medium size sweet potatos396 kcal
- Three medium size sweet potatos594 kcal
- Four medium size sweet potatos792 kcal
- Five medium size sweet potatos990 kcal
Protein in sweet potato
Sweet potatos have 1.6 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size sweet potato (230 g) you can see that you will get about 3.7 g of protein.
Carbs in sweet potatos
Sweet potatos have 20.12 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size sweet potato (230 g) has about 46.3 g of carbs.
Fat in sweet potatos
Sweet potatos have 0.05 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size sweet potato (230 g) has about 0.1 g of fat.
medium size sweet potato (230 g) has:198kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
sweet potato - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A14187 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.078 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.061 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.557 mg
- Vitaminium B50.8 mg
- Vitaminium B60.209 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)11 mcg
- Vitaminium C2.4 mg
- Vitaminium E0.26 mg
- Vitaminium K1.8 mg
Energy content of sweet potato
- 92% CARBS
- 7% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
sweet potato - minerals per 100g
- Potassium337 mg
- Phosphorus47 mg
- Magnessium25 mg
- Calcium30 mg
- Sodium55 mg
- Iron0.61 mg
- Zink0.3 mg
- Beta karoten8509 mg
Interesting charts - compare sweet potato with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how sweet potato looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories do almonds have?
- Calories in a half of brazil nuts
- Calories in whole brazil nuts
- Calories for one, two or more brazil nuts
- Calories in handful of brazil nuts
- Calories in tablespoon of brazil nuts
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in cashew nuts?
- How much fat in chestnuts?
- How much protein in chia seeds?
- What is weight of coconut?
- Linseed calories per ounce (oz)
- Hazelnuts calories per serving size