Sweet Potato: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Sweet potato: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in sweet potato?
For example, medium size sweet potato (245 g) has about 211 calories.
It is about 9% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size of sweet potato is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 4 apples
- 2.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1.5 slices of bread
- 1.5 glasses of milk
- 11 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you have to bike at least 30 minutes, swim for about 25 minutes or run for 21 minutes.
Sweet potato: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 sweet potatos?
As I wrote before medium size sweet potato (245 g) have 211 calories. It is easy to count that two sweet potatos have about 422 calories and three sweet potatos have about 633 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five sweet potatos.
- Medium size sweet potato (245 g)211 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of sweet potatos24 kcal
- Half of medium size sweet potato105.5 kcal
- Small size sweet potato (196g)168.8 kcal
- Big size sweet potato (319g)274.3 kcal
- Two medium size sweet potatos422 kcal
- Three medium size sweet potatos633 kcal
- Four medium size sweet potatos844 kcal
- Five medium size sweet potatos1055 kcal
Protein in sweet potato
Sweet potatos have 1.6 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size sweet potato (245 g) you can see that you will get about 3.9 g of protein.
Carbs in sweet potatos
Sweet potatos have 20.12 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size sweet potato (245 g) has about 49.3 g of carbs.
Fat in sweet potatos
Sweet potatos have 0.05 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size sweet potato (245 g) has about 0.1 g of fat.
medium size sweet potato (245 g) has:211kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
sweet potato - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A14187 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.078 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.061 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.557 mg
- Vitaminium B50.8 mg
- Vitaminium B60.209 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)11 mcg
- Vitaminium C2.4 mg
- Vitaminium E0.26 mg
- Vitaminium K1.8 mg
Energy content of sweet potato
- 92% CARBS
- 7% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
sweet potato - minerals per 100g
- Potassium337 mg
- Phosphorus47 mg
- Magnessium25 mg
- Calcium30 mg
- Sodium55 mg
- Iron0.61 mg
- Zink0.3 mg
- Beta karoten8509 mg
Does sweet potato cause weight gain? How it affects your diet?
Similar to other products number of calories in sweet potato puts it in the avarage of vegetables. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific vegetables, sweet potato seems to be a 'not bad' choice but you can find something better.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories do almonds have?
- Calories in handful of brazil nuts
- Calories in tablespoon of brazil nuts
- Calories in glass of brazil nuts
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in cashew nuts?
- How much fat in chestnuts?
- How much protein in chia seeds?
- What is weight of coconut?
- Linseed calories per ounce (oz)
- Hazelnuts calories per serving size