Salmon: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Salmon: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in salmon?
To illustrate, fillet (200 g) salmon has about 416 calories.
It is about 17% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from fillet salmon is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 8 apples
- 5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 4 slices of cheese
- 3.5 slices of bread
- 3 glasses of milk
- 21.5 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you need to bike at least 59 minutes, swim for about 49 minutes or run for 42 minutes.
See also Salmon vitamins and minerals
Salmon: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 salmon?
As I wrote before fillet (200 g) has 416 calories. It is easy to count that two salmon have about 832 calories and three salmon have about 1248 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five salmon.
- Fillet (200 g)416 kcal
- Salmon steak (200g)416 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of salmon59 kcal
Protein in salmon
Salmon has 20.42 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of fillet (200 g) you can see that you will get about 40.8 g of protein.
Carbs in salmon
0 g of carbs - salmon has no carbohydrates.
Fat in salmon
Salmon has 13.42 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that fillet (200 g) has about 26.8 g of fat.
fillet (200 g) has:416kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
salmon - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A193 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.207 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.155 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)8.672 mg
- Vitaminium B60.636 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.026 mcg
- Vitaminium C3.9 mg
- Vitaminium E3.55 mg
- Vitaminium K0.001 mg
Energy content of salmon
- 0% CARBS
- 40% PROTEIN
- 60% FAT
salmon - minerals per 100g
- Potassium363 mg
- Phosphorus0.5 mg
- Magnessium27 mg
- Calcium9 mg
- Sodium59 mg
- Iron0.34 mg
- Zink0.5 mg
Does salmon make you fat and how it affect your weight?
High count of calories in salmon puts this product in a group of high calorific from fish category. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific fish, salmon seems not to be a good choice. You can find something better among other fish.
This is a lot but you can also easily find more calorific products. It can be for example or atlantic salmon.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If salmon contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does Ahi Tuna have?
- Calories in a half of vegetable fajita
- Calories in whole vegetable fajita
- Calories for one, two or more vegetable fajitas
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in Klondike bar?
- How much fat in tuna pot pie?
- How much protein in vegetable sushi roll?
- What is weight of lobster tail?
- Cereals calories per ounce (oz)
- Chicken barbecue sandwich calories per serving size