Sponge Cake vs Ice Cream: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Sponge cake
At first glance, you can see that in sponge cake is less calories than in ice cream.
Sponge cake has 297 kcal per 100g and ice cream 207 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 43 %.
In sponge cake and in ice cream most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare sponge cake with ice cream in details.
Fact 2: Sponge cake And Ice cream Nutrition Difference
Ice cream vs Sponge cake: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Sponge cake||Ice cream|
|Carbohydrates||57.7 g||23.6 g|
|Fat||4.3 g||11 g|
|Protein||7.3 g||3.5 g|
|Water||29.4 g||61 g|
|Calcium||42 mg||128 mg|
|Iron||1.58 mg||0.09 mg|
|Magnessium||9 mg||14 mg|
|Phosphorus||77 mg||0.3 mg|
|Potassium||141 mg||199 mg|
|Sodium||228 mg||80 mg|
|Zink||77 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.159 mg||0.041 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.301 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.204 mg||0.116 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.059 mg||0.048 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.053 mg||0.005 mg|
More protein in sponge cake
It is aslo easy to see see that in sponge cake is more protein than in ice cream.
There is 3.5g per 100g of ice cream and 7.3g per 100g of sponge cake so using simple math we can see that difference is about 109 %.
More carbohydrates in sponge cake
In sponge cake is more carbohydrates than in ice cream.
There is 23.6g/100g of carbohydrates in ice cream and 57.7g/100g in sponge cake so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 144 %.
Less fat in sponge cake
In sponge cake is less fats than in ice cream.
The tables above show us that there is 11g/100g of fats in ice cream and 4.3g/100g in sponge cake. In this case difference is about 156 %.
- Carbohydrates57.7 g
- Fat4.3 g
- Protein7.3 g
- Water29.4 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | whole cake
- 77% CARBS.
- 10% PROTEIN
- 13% FAT
Vitamins: ice cream vs sponge cake
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sponge cake 288% more than ice cream
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sponge cake 25% more than ice cream
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): sponge cake 938% more than ice cream
- Vitaminium B6: sponge cake 23% more than ice cream
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sponge cake 960% more than ice cream
Minerals: sponge cake vs ice cream
- Calcium: ice cream 205% more than sponge cake
- Iron: sponge cake 1656% more than ice cream
- Magnessium: ice cream 56% more than sponge cake
- Phosphorus: sponge cake 25567% more than ice cream
- Potassium: ice cream 41% more than sponge cake
- Sodium: sponge cake 185% more than ice cream
- Zink: sponge cake 25567% more than ice cream
Compares of sponge cake
- Sponge Cake vs Croissant
- Sponge Cake vs Dark Chocolate
- Sponge Cake vs Jelly
- Sponge Cake vs Waffle
- Sponge Cake vs Ice Cream
- Sponge Cake vs Honey
- see all compares of sponge cake
Compares of ice cream
- Calories from Sponge cake
- Calories of Sour cream (no fat)
- Calories in Mortadella
- Carrot juice calories per 100g
- Swordfish (fillet, meat) carbs per 100g
- Rice milk protein per 100g
- Yuca fat per 100g
- How many calories do Larabar Chocolate Truffles have?
- Calories in a half of white potatoes
- Calories in whole white potatoes
- Calories for one, two or more white potato
- How much protein in Lucky Charms?