Sponge Cake: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Sponge cake: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in sponge cake?
To illustrate, one piece (38 g) sponge cake has about 113 calories.
It is about 5% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from one piece sponge cake is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 2 apples
- 1 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1 slice of bread
- 0.5 glass of milk
- 5.5 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you have to bike at least 16 minutes, swim for about 13 minutes or run for 11 minutes.
See all nutrition data of sponge cake on charts.
Sponge cake: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 sponge cakes?
As I wrote before one piece (38 g) have 113 calories. It is easy to count that two sponge cakes have about 226 calories and three sponge cakes have about 339 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five sponge cakes.
- One piece (38 g)113 kcal
- Slice of sponge cake (53g)157 kcal
- Sponge cake whole cake (456g)1354 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of sponge cakes84 kcal
Protein in sponge cake
Sponge cakes have 7.3 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of one piece (38 g) you can see that you will get about 2.8 g of protein.
Carbs in sponge cakes
Sponge cakes have 57.7 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that one piece (38 g) has about 21.9 g of carbs.
Fat in sponge cakes
Sponge cakes have 4.3 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that one piece (38 g) has about 1.6 g of fat.
one piece (38 g) has:113kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
sponge cake - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A258 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.159 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.301 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)1.204 mg
- Vitaminium B60.059 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.053 mcg
Energy content of sponge cake
- 77% CARBS
- 10% PROTEIN
- 13% FAT
sponge cake - minerals per 100g
- Potassium141 mg
- Phosphorus77 mg
- Magnessium9 mg
- Calcium42 mg
- Sodium228 mg
- Iron1.58 mg
- Zink77 mg
Does sponge cake make you fat and how it affect your weight?
Count of calories in sponge cake is one of the highest from all products in Cakes category. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific Cakes, sponge cake seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other Cakes.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If sponge cakes contain nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare sponge cake with other Cakes
When you look at charts below you will see how sponge cake looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories do Larabar Chocolate Truffles have?
- Calories in a half of white potatoes
- Calories in whole white potatoes
- Calories for one, two or more white potato
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in Lucky Charms?
- How much fat in yogurt parfait?
- How much protein in chia pudding?
- What is weight of black bean salad?
- Popcorn cake calories per ounce (oz)
- Sangria calories per serving size