Whole Milk vs Skim Milk: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
More Calories in Whole milk
At first glance, you can see that in whole milk is much more calories than in skimmed milk.
Whole milk has 61 kcal per 100g and skimmed milk 34 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 79%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in whole milk cames from fat and in skimmed milk from protein.
See tables below to compare whole milk with skimmed milk in details.
Whole milk And Skimmed milk Nutrition Difference
Skimmed milk vs Whole milk: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Whole milk||Skim milk|
|Carbohydrates||4.46 g||4.96 g|
|Fat||3.46 g||0.08 g|
|Protein||3.1 g||3.37 g|
|Water||88.2 g||90.84 g|
|Calcium||101 mg||122 mg|
|Iron||0.05 mg||0.03 mg|
|Magnessium||5 mg||11 mg|
|Potassium||253 mg||156 mg|
|Sodium||3 mg||42 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.02 mg||0.045 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.105 mg||0.182 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.043 mg||0.094 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.034 mg||0.037 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.005 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.01 mg|
Less protein in whole milk
It is aslo easy to see see that in whole milk is less protein than in skimmed milk.
There is 3.37g per 100g of skimmed milk and 3.1g per 100g of whole milk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 9%.
Less carbohydrates in whole milk
In whole milk is less carbohydrates than in skimmed milk.
There is 4.96g/100g of carbohydrates in skimmed milk and 4.46g/100g in whole milk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 11%.
More fat in whole milk
In whole milk is more fats than in skimmed milk.
The tables above show us that there is 0.08g/100g of fats in skimmed milk and 3.46g/100g in whole milk. In this case difference is about 4225%.
- Carbohydrates4.46 g
- Fat3.46 g
- Protein3.1 g
- Water88.2 g
100g | ounce | glass | cup | small glass | cup | half cup
- 29% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 51% FAT
Vitamins: skimmed milk vs whole milk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
skimmed milk - 125% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
skimmed milk - 73% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
skimmed milk - 119% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B6:
skimmed milk - 9% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
skimmed milk - 0% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium E:
whole milk - 700% more than skimmed milk
Compares of whole milk
- Whole Milk vs Cottage Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Gouda Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Buttermilk
- Whole Milk vs Goat Milk
- Whole Milk vs Breast Milk
- Whole Milk vs Sheep Milk
- see all compares of whole milk
Compares of skimmed milk
- Calories from Whole milk
- Calories of Chicken
- Calories in Lemon juice
- Coffee calories per 100g
- Cocoa carbs per 100g
- Stromboli protein per 100g
- Moo Goo Gai Pan fat per 100g
- How many calories does Boost have?
- Calories in a half of chicken patty
- Calories in whole chicken patty
- Calories for one, two or more chicken patties
- How much protein in brandy and cola?
- Whole Milk vs 1% Milk nutrition
- Whole Milk vs 2% Milk calories
- Whole Milk vs Coffee Creamer protein
- Whole Milk vs Chobani Yogurt sugar
- Buttermilk vs Skimmed Milk vitamins
- Goat Cheese vs Cream Cheese dietary fiber
- Goat Cheese vs Paneer Cheese vitaminium C
- Goat Cheese vs Ricotta Cheese magnessium
- Goat Cheese vs Queso Fresco Cheese potassium