Whole Milk vs Low Fat Milk 1%: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Whole milk
At first glance, you can see that in whole milk is more calories than in 1% milk.
Whole milk has 61 kcal per 100g and 1% milk 42 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 45%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in whole milk cames from fat and in 1% milk from protein.
See tables below to compare whole milk with 1% milk in details.
Fact 2: Whole milk And 1% milk Nutrition Difference
1% milk vs Whole milk: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Whole milk||Low fat milk 1%|
|Carbohydrates||4.46 g||4.99 g|
|Fat||3.46 g||0.97 g|
|Protein||3.1 g||3.37 g|
|Water||88.2 g||89.92 g|
|Calcium||101 mg||125 mg|
|Iron||0.05 mg||0.03 mg|
|Magnessium||5 mg||11 mg|
|Potassium||253 mg||150 mg|
|Sodium||3 mg||44 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.02 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.105 mg||0.185 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.043 mg||0.093 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.034 mg||0.037 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.005 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.01 mg|
Less protein in whole milk
It is aslo easy to see see that in whole milk is less protein than in 1% milk.
There is 3.37g per 100g of 1% milk and 3.1g per 100g of whole milk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 9%.
Less carbohydrates in whole milk
In whole milk is less carbohydrates than in 1% milk.
There is 4.99g/100g of carbohydrates in 1% milk and 4.46g/100g in whole milk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 12%.
More fat in whole milk
In whole milk is more fats than in 1% milk.
The tables above show us that there is 0.97g/100g of fats in 1% milk and 3.46g/100g in whole milk. In this case difference is about 257%.
- Carbohydrates4.46 g
- Fat3.46 g
- Protein3.1 g
- Water88.2 g
100g | ounce | glass | cup | small glass | cup | half cup
- 29% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 51% FAT
Vitamins: 1% milk vs whole milk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): 1% milk 0% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): 1% milk 76% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): 1% milk 116% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B6: 1% milk 9% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): 1% milk 0% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium E: whole milk 700% more than 1% milk
Minerals: whole milk vs 1% milk
Compares of whole milk
- Whole Milk vs Cottage Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Gouda Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Buttermilk
- Whole Milk vs Goat Milk
- Whole Milk vs Breast Milk
- Whole Milk vs Sheep Milk
- see all compares of whole milk
Compares of 1% milk
- Calories from Whole milk
- Calories of Chicken
- Calories in Lemon juice
- Coffee calories per 100g
- Cocoa carbs per 100g
- Stromboli protein per 100g
- Moo Goo Gai Pan fat per 100g
- How many calories does Boost have?
- Calories in a half of chicken patty
- Calories in whole chicken patty
- Calories for one, two or more chicken patties
- How much protein in brandy and cola?
- Whole Milk vs 2% Milk nutrition
- Whole Milk vs Coffee Creamer calories
- Whole Milk vs Chobani Yogurt protein
- Buttermilk vs Skimmed Milk sugar
- Goat Cheese vs Cream Cheese vitamins
- Goat Cheese vs Paneer Cheese dietary fiber
- Goat Cheese vs Ricotta Cheese vitaminium C
- Goat Cheese vs Queso Fresco Cheese magnessium
- Goat Cheese vs Cream Cheese potassium