Skim Milk vs Reduced Fat Milk 2%: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Skimmed milk
At first glance, you can see that in skimmed milk is less calories than in 2% milk.
Skimmed milk has 34 kcal per 100g and 2% milk 50 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 47%.
In skimmed milk and in 2% milk most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare skimmed milk with 2% milk in details.
Fact 2: Skimmed milk And 2% milk Nutrition Difference
2% milk vs Skimmed milk: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Skim milk||Reduced fat milk 2%|
|Carbohydrates||4.96 g||4.8 g|
|Fat||0.08 g||1.98 g|
|Protein||3.37 g||3.3 g|
|Water||90.84 g||89.21 g|
|Calcium||122 mg||120 mg|
|Iron||0.03 mg||0.02 mg|
|Magnessium||11 mg||11 mg|
|Potassium||156 mg||140 mg|
|Sodium||42 mg||47 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.045 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.182 mg||0.185 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.094 mg||0.092 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.037 mg||0.038 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.005 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.01 mg||0.03 mg|
More protein in skimmed milk
It is aslo easy to see see that in skimmed milk is more protein than in 2% milk.
There is 3.3g per 100g of 2% milk and 3.37g per 100g of skimmed milk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 2%.
More carbohydrates in skimmed milk
In skimmed milk is more carbohydrates than in 2% milk.
There is 4.8g/100g of carbohydrates in 2% milk and 4.96g/100g in skimmed milk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 3%.
Less fat in skimmed milk
In skimmed milk is less fats than in 2% milk.
The tables above show us that there is 1.98g/100g of fats in 2% milk and 0.08g/100g in skimmed milk. In this case difference is about 2375%.
- Carbohydrates4.96 g
- Fat0.08 g
- Protein3.37 g
- Water90.84 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | tablespoon | half cup | glass 16 oz
- 58% CARBS.
- 40% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: 2% milk vs skimmed milk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): skimmed milk 15% more than 2% milk
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): 2% milk 2% more than skimmed milk
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): skimmed milk 2% more than 2% milk
- Vitaminium B6: 2% milk 3% more than skimmed milk
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): 2% milk 0% more than skimmed milk
- Vitaminium E: 2% milk 200% more than skimmed milk
Minerals: skimmed milk vs 2% milk
Compares of skimmed milk
- Skimmed Milk vs Whole Milk
- Skimmed Milk vs Buttermilk
- Skimmed Milk vs Sour Cream
- Skimmed Milk vs Coconut Milk
- Skimmed Milk vs 1% Milk
- Skimmed Milk vs 2% Milk
- see all compares of skimmed milk
Compares of 2% milk
- Calories from Skim milk
- Calories of Corn on the cob
- Calories in Cooked bacon
- Fried bread dough calories per 100g
- Boiled neck bone carbs per 100g
- Frozen french fries protein per 100g
- Hot pockets fat per 100g
- How many calories does egg bagel have?
- Calories in a half of mushroom soup
- Calories in whole mushroom soup
- Calories for one, two or more mushroom soups
- How much protein in pate?
- 1% Milk vs 2% Milk nutrition
- American Cheese vs Provolone Cheese calories
- American Cheese vs Queso Fresco Cheese protein
- American Cheese vs Sharp Cheddar Cheese sugar
- Provolone Cheese vs Pepper Jack Cheese vitamins
- Cream Cheese vs Ricotta Cheese dietary fiber
- Paneer Cheese vs Ricotta Cheese vitaminium C
- Paneer Cheese vs Queso Fresco Cheese magnessium
- Chobani Yogurt vs Chobani Yogurt Nonfat potassium