Pork vs Beef: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Pork
At first glance, you can see that in pork is just a little less calories than in beef.
Pork has 242 kcal per 100g and beef 250 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 3%.
In pork and in beef most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare pork with beef in details.
Fact 2: Pork And Beef Nutrition Difference
Beef vs Pork: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Fat||13.92 g||15.41 g|
|Protein||27.32 g||25.93 g|
|Water||57.87 g||57.98 g|
|Calcium||19 mg||18 mg|
|Iron||0.87 mg||2.6 mg|
|Magnessium||28 mg||21 mg|
|Phosphorus||1.3 mg||1.2 mg|
|Potassium||423 mg||318 mg|
|Sodium||62 mg||72 mg|
|Zink||1.3 mg||1.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.877 mg||0.046 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.321 mg||0.176 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||5.037 mg||5.378 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.464 mg||0.382 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.005 mg||0.009 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.29 mg||0.12 mg|
More protein in pork
It is aslo easy to see see that in pork is more protein than in beef.
There is 25.93g per 100g of beef and 27.32g per 100g of pork so using simple math we can see that difference is about 5%.
Less fat in pork
In pork is less fats than in beef.
The tables above show us that there is 15.41g/100g of fats in beef and 13.92g/100g in pork. In this case difference is about 11%.
- Fat13.92 g
- Protein27.32 g
- Water57.87 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | pork shoulder | pork neck | pork tenderloin | pork chop slice
- 0% CARBS.
- 47% PROTEIN
- 53% FAT
Vitamins: beef vs pork
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): pork 1807% more than beef
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pork 82% more than beef
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): beef 7% more than pork
- Vitaminium B6: pork 21% more than beef
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): beef 80% more than pork
- Vitaminium E: pork 142% more than beef
Minerals: pork vs beef
Compares of pork
- Pork vs Chicken Breast
- Pork vs Duck Meat
- Pork vs Luncheon Meat
- Pork vs Veal
- Pork vs Rabbit
- Pork vs Beef Jerky
- see all compares of pork
Compares of beef
- Calories from Pork
- Calories of Herring
- Calories in Mascarpone cheese
- Ground cinnamon calories per 100g
- Saag paneer carbs per 100g
- Gushers protein per 100g
- Blood orange fat per 100g
- How many calories does egg foo yung have?
- Calories in a half of Idli
- Calories in whole Idli
- Calories for one, two or more Idli
- How much protein in spinach salad?