Red Lentils vs Beef: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Red lentils
At first glance, you can see that in red lentils is more calories than in beef.
Red lentils has 358 kcal per 100g and beef 250 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 43%.
In red lentil and in beef most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare red lentils with beef in details.
Fact 2: Red lentils And Beef Nutrition Difference
Beef vs Red lentils: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Red lentils||Beef|
|Fat||2.17 g||15.41 g|
|Protein||23.91 g||25.93 g|
|Water||7.82 g||57.98 g|
|Calcium||48 mg||18 mg|
|Iron||7.39 mg||2.6 mg|
|Magnessium||59 mg||21 mg|
|Potassium||668 mg||318 mg|
|Sodium||7 mg||72 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.51 mg||0.046 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.106 mg||0.176 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.495 mg||5.378 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.403 mg||0.382 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.204 mg||0.009 mg|
Less protein in red lentils
It is aslo easy to see see that in red lentils is less protein than in beef.
There is 25.93g per 100g of beef and 23.91g per 100g of red lentils so using simple math we can see that difference is about 8%.
Less fat in red lentils
In red lentils is less fats than in beef.
The tables above show us that there is 15.41g/100g of fats in beef and 2.17g/100g in red lentils. In this case difference is about 610%.
- Fat2.17 g
- Protein23.91 g
- Water7.82 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 69% CARBS.
- 26% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: beef vs red lentils
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): red lentils 1009% more than beef
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): beef 66% more than red lentils
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): beef 260% more than red lentils
- Vitaminium B6: red lentils 5% more than beef
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): red lentils 2167% more than beef
Minerals: red lentils vs beef
Compares of red lentil
- Red Lentils vs Black Beans
- Red Lentils vs Kidney Beans
- Red Lentils vs Lentil
- Red Lentils vs Chickpeas
- Red Lentils vs Quinoa
- Red Lentils vs Beef
- see all compares of red lentils
Compares of beef
- Calories from Red lentils
- Calories of Baked salmon
- Calories in Canned chicken
- Millet calories per 100g
- Popcorn carbs per 100g
- Cooked salmon protein per 100g
- Nut bread fat per 100g
- How many calories does Kombucha have?
- Calories in tablespoon of palm oil
- Calories in teaspoon of palm oil
- Calories in glass of palm oil
- Calories in cup of palm oil
- Calories in shot (small glass) of palm oil
- How much protein in apple juice?