Herring: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Herring: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, one herring, steak and more
How many calories in herring?
To give you an idea, fillet (165 g) herring has about 261 calories.
It is about 11% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actually is, take in mind that calories amount from fillet herring is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 5 apples
- 3 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2.5 slices of cheese
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 glasses of milk
- 13.5 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you need to bike at least 37 minutes, swim for about 31 minutes or run for 26 minutes.
See all nutrition data of herring on charts.
Herring: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Fat||9.04 g||~ 2.6 g|
|Protein||17.96 g||~ 5.1 g|
|Water||72.05 g||~ 20.4 g|
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 herrings?
As I wrote before fillet (165 g) have 261 calories. It is easy to count that two herrings have about 522 calories and three herrings have about 783 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five herrings.
- Fillet (165 g)261 kcal
- Herring steak (165g)261 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of herrings45 kcal
Protein in herring
Herrings have 17.96 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of fillet (165 g) you can see that you will get about 29.6 g of protein.
Carbs in herrings
0 g of carbs - herrings have no carbohydrates.
Fat in herrings
Herrings have 9.04 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that fillet (165 g) has about 14.9 g of fat.
fillet (165 g) has:261kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
herring - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A93 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.092 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.233 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)3.217 mg
- Vitaminium B60.302 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.01 mcg
- Vitaminium C0.7 mg
- Vitaminium E1.07 mg
Energy content of herring
- 0% CARBS
- 47% PROTEIN
- 53% FAT
herring - minerals per 100g
- Potassium327 mg
- Phosphorus0.1 mg
- Magnessium32 mg
- Calcium57 mg
- Sodium90 mg
- Iron1.1 mg
- Zink0.1 mg
Interesting charts - compare herring with other fish
When you look at charts below you will see how herring looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does Idli have?
- Calories in a half of Triple Sec Syrup
- Calories in whole Triple Sec Syrup
- Calories for one, two or more Triple Sec Syrup
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in fried catfish?
- How much fat in Skittles?
- How much protein in vanilla ice cream?
- What is weight of flour tortilla?
- Stuffed mushrooms calories per ounce (oz)
- Tuna salad sandwich calories per serving size