Pear vs Watermelon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Pear
At first glance, you can see that in pear is much more calories than in watermelon.
Pear has 58 kcal per 100g and watermelon 30 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 93%.
In pear and in watermelon most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare pear with watermelon in details.
Fact 2: Pear And Watermelon Nutrition Difference
Watermelon vs Pear: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||13.81 g||7.6 g|
|Fat||0.12 g||0.15 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.1 g||0.4 g|
|Protein||0.38 g||0.6 g|
|Calcium||9 mg||7 mg|
|Iron||0.17 mg||0.24 mg|
|Magnessium||7 mg||10 mg|
|Potassium||119 mg||112 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.012 mg||0.033 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.157 mg||0.178 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.048 mg||0.221 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.028 mg||0.045 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||7 mg||3 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4.2 mg||8.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.12 mg||0.05 mg|
|Beta karoten||12 mg||303 mg|
Less protein in pear
It is aslo easy to see see that in pear is less protein than in watermelon.
There is 0.6g per 100g of watermelon and 0.38g per 100g of pear so using simple math we can see that difference is about 58%.
More carbohydrates in pear
In pear is more carbohydrates than in watermelon.
There is 7.6g/100g of carbohydrates in watermelon and 13.81g/100g in pear so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 82%.
Less fat in pear
In pear is less fats than in watermelon.
The tables above show us that there is 0.15g/100g of fats in watermelon and 0.12g/100g in pear. In this case difference is about 25%.
- Carbohydrates13.81 g
- Fat0.12 g
- Dietary fiber3.1 g
- Protein0.38 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | cup | half cup
- 96% CARBS.
- 3% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: watermelon vs pear
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): watermelon 175% more than pear
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): watermelon 13% more than pear
- Vitaminium B5: watermelon 360% more than pear
- Vitaminium B6: watermelon 61% more than pear
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): pear 133% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium C: watermelon 93% more than pear
- Vitaminium E: pear 140% more than watermelon
- Beta karoten: watermelon 2425% more than pear
Minerals: pear vs watermelon
Compares of pear
- Pear vs Apple
- Pear vs Apricot
- Pear vs Avocado
- Pear vs Banana
- Pear vs Blackberry
- Pear vs Melon
- see all compares of pear
Compares of watermelon
- Calories from Pear
- Calories of Persimmon
- Calories in Pineapple
- Plum calories per 100g
- Pomegranate carbs per 100g
- Quince fruit protein per 100g
- Raspberry fat per 100g
- How many calories does sapodilla have?
- Calories in a half of strawberry
- Calories in whole strawberry
- Calories for one, two or more strawberries
- Calories in handful of strawberries
- How much protein in mandarin?