Watermelon vs Cucumber: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Watermelon
At first glance, you can see that in watermelon is much more calories than in cucumber.
Watermelon has 30 kcal per 100g and cucumber 15 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 100%.
In watermelon and in cucumber most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare watermelon with cucumber in details.
Fact 2: Watermelon And Cucumber Nutrition Difference
Cucumber vs Watermelon: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||7.6 g||3.63 g|
|Fat||0.15 g||0.11 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.4 g||0.5 g|
|Protein||0.6 g||0.65 g|
|Calcium||7 mg||16 mg|
|Iron||0.24 mg||0.28 mg|
|Magnessium||10 mg||13 mg|
|Potassium||112 mg||147 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.033 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.178 mg||0.098 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.221 mg||0.259 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.045 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||3 mg||7 mg|
|Vitaminium C||8.1 mg||2.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.05 mg||0.03 mg|
|Beta karoten||303 mg||45 mg|
Less protein in watermelon
It is aslo easy to see see that in watermelon is less protein than in cucumber.
There is 0.65g per 100g of cucumber and 0.6g per 100g of watermelon so using simple math we can see that difference is about 8%.
More carbohydrates in watermelon
In watermelon is more carbohydrates than in cucumber.
There is 3.63g/100g of carbohydrates in cucumber and 7.6g/100g in watermelon so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 109%.
More fat in watermelon
In watermelon is more fats than in cucumber.
The tables above show us that there is 0.11g/100g of fats in cucumber and 0.15g/100g in watermelon. In this case difference is about 36%.
- Carbohydrates7.6 g
- Fat0.15 g
- Dietary fiber0.4 g
- Protein0.6 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | cup | diced
- 89% CARBS.
- 7% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: cucumber vs watermelon
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): watermelon 22% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): watermelon 82% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium B5: cucumber 17% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B6: watermelon 13% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cucumber 133% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium C: watermelon 189% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium E: watermelon 67% more than cucumber
- Beta karoten: watermelon 573% more than cucumber
Minerals: watermelon vs cucumber
Compares of watermelon
- Watermelon vs Apple
- Watermelon vs Apricot
- Watermelon vs Avocado
- Watermelon vs Banana
- Watermelon vs Blackberry
- Watermelon vs Blueberries
- see all compares of watermelon
Compares of cucumber
- see all compares of cucumber
- Calories from Watermelon
- Calories of Artichoke
- Calories in Arugula
- Asparagus calories per 100g
- Bamboo shoots carbs per 100g
- Basella protein per 100g
- Beetroot fat per 100g
- How many calories does pepper have?
- Calories in a half of bok choy
- Calories in whole bok choy
- Calories for one, two or more bok choy leaves
- How much protein in calabash?