Papaya vs Watermelon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Papaya
At first glance, you can see that in papaya is less calories than in watermelon.
Papaya has 43 kcal per 100g and watermelon 30 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 43 %.
In papaya and in watermelon most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare papaya with watermelon in details.
Fact 2: Papaya And Watermelon Nutrition Difference
Watermelon vs Papaya: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||8 g||7.6 g|
|Fat||0.26 g||0.15 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.7 g||0.4 g|
|Protein||0.47 g||0.6 g|
|Calcium||20 mg||7 mg|
|Iron||0.25 mg||0.24 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||10 mg|
|Potassium||182 mg||112 mg|
|Sodium||8 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||0.08 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.023 mg||0.033 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.338 mg||0.178 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.218 mg||0.221 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.038 mg||0.045 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||37 mg||3 mg|
|Vitaminium C||60.9 mg||8.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.3 mg||0.05 mg|
|Beta karoten||276 mg||303 mg|
Less protein in papaya
It is aslo easy to see see that in papaya is less protein than in watermelon.
There is 0.6g per 100g of watermelon and 0.47g per 100g of papaya so using simple math we can see that difference is about 28 %.
More carbohydrates in papaya
In papaya is more carbohydrates than in watermelon.
There is 7.6g/100g of carbohydrates in watermelon and 8g/100g in papaya so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 5 %.
More fat in papaya
In papaya is more fats than in watermelon.
The tables above show us that there is 0.15g/100g of fats in watermelon and 0.26g/100g in papaya. In this case difference is about 73 %.
- Carbohydrates8 g
- Fat0.26 g
- Dietary fiber1.7 g
- Protein0.47 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | pieces | cup | mashed
- 88% CARBS.
- 5% PROTEIN
- 6% FAT
Vitamins: watermelon vs papaya
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): watermelon 43% more than papaya
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): papaya 90% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B5: watermelon 1% more than papaya
- Vitaminium B6: watermelon 18% more than papaya
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): papaya 1133% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium C: papaya 652% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium E: papaya 500% more than watermelon
- Beta karoten: watermelon 10% more than papaya
Minerals: papaya vs watermelon
Compares of papaya
- Papaya vs Apple
- Papaya vs Apricot
- Papaya vs Avocado
- Papaya vs Banana
- Papaya vs Blackberries
- Papaya vs Blueberries
- see all compares of papaya
Compares of watermelon
- Passion Fruit vs Peach nutrition
- Passion Fruit vs Persimmon calories
- Passion Fruit vs Pineapple protein
- Passion Fruit vs Plum sugar
- Passion Fruit vs Pomegranate vitamins
- Passion Fruit vs Quinces dietary fiber
- Passion Fruit vs Raspberries vitaminium C
- Passion Fruit vs Strawberries magnessium
- Passion Fruit vs Mandarin potassium