Orange vs Watermelon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Orange
At first glance, you can see that in orange is much more calories than in watermelon.
Orange has 49 kcal per 100g and watermelon 30 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 63%.
In orange and in watermelon most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare orange with watermelon in details.
Fact 2: Orange And Watermelon Nutrition Difference
Watermelon vs Orange: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||11.89 g||7.6 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.15 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.5 g||0.4 g|
|Protein||0.94 g||0.6 g|
|Calcium||40 mg||7 mg|
|Iron||0.09 mg||0.24 mg|
|Magnessium||10 mg||10 mg|
|Potassium||179 mg||112 mg|
|Zink||0.06 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.087 mg||0.033 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.274 mg||0.178 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.25 mg||0.221 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.063 mg||0.045 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||39 mg||3 mg|
|Vitaminium C||48.5 mg||8.1 mg|
More protein in orange
It is aslo easy to see see that in orange is more protein than in watermelon.
There is 0.6g per 100g of watermelon and 0.94g per 100g of orange so using simple math we can see that difference is about 57%.
More carbohydrates in orange
In orange is more carbohydrates than in watermelon.
There is 7.6g/100g of carbohydrates in watermelon and 11.89g/100g in orange so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 56%.
More fat in orange
In orange is more fats than in watermelon.
The tables above show us that there is 0.15g/100g of fats in watermelon and 0.3g/100g in orange. In this case difference is about 100%.
- Carbohydrates11.89 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.5 g
- Protein0.94 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 88% CARBS.
- 7% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: watermelon vs orange
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): orange 164% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): orange 54% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B5: orange 13% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B6: orange 40% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): orange 1200% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium C: orange 499% more than watermelon
Minerals: orange vs watermelon
Compares of orange
- Orange vs Apple
- Orange vs Apricot
- Orange vs Avocado
- Orange vs Banana
- Orange vs Blackberry
- Orange vs Blackcurrants
- see all compares of orange
Compares of watermelon
- Calories from Orange
- Calories of Papaya
- Calories in Passion fruit
- Peach calories per 100g
- Pear carbs per 100g
- Persimmon protein per 100g
- Pineapple fat per 100g
- How many calories does plum have?
- Calories in a half of quince fruit
- Calories in whole quince fruit
- Calories for one, two or more quinces
- How much protein in raspberry?