Lima Beans vs Corn: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Lima beans
At first glance, you can see that in lima beans is much more calories than in corn.
Lima beans has 338 kcal per 100g and corn 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 293%.
In lima beans and in corn most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare lima beans with corn in details.
Fact 2: Lima beans And Corn Nutrition Difference
Corn vs Lima beans: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Lima beans||Corn|
|Carbohydrates||63.38 g||18.7 g|
|Fat||0.69 g||1.35 g|
|Dietary fiber||19 g||2 g|
|Protein||21.46 g||3.27 g|
|Calcium||81 mg||2 mg|
|Iron||7.51 mg||0.52 mg|
|Magnessium||224 mg||37 mg|
|Potassium||1724 mg||270 mg|
|Sodium||18 mg||15 mg|
|Zink||2.83 mg||0.46 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.507 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.202 mg||0.055 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.537 mg||1.77 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||1.355 mg||0.717 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.512 mg||0.093 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||395 mg||42 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.72 mg||0.07 mg|
|Vitaminium K||6 mg||0.3 mg|
More protein in lima beans
It is aslo easy to see see that in lima beans is more protein than in corn.
There is 3.27g per 100g of corn and 21.46g per 100g of lima beans so using simple math we can see that difference is about 556%.
More carbohydrates in lima beans
In lima beans is more carbohydrates than in corn.
There is 18.7g/100g of carbohydrates in corn and 63.38g/100g in lima beans so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 239%.
Less fat in lima beans
In lima beans is less fats than in corn.
The tables above show us that there is 1.35g/100g of fats in corn and 0.69g/100g in lima beans. In this case difference is about 96%.
- Carbohydrates63.38 g
- Fat0.69 g
- Dietary fiber19 g
- Protein21.46 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 73% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: corn vs lima beans
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): lima beans 227% more than corn
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): lima beans 267% more than corn
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): corn 15% more than lima beans
- Vitaminium B5: lima beans 89% more than corn
- Vitaminium B6: lima beans 451% more than corn
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): lima beans 840% more than corn
- Vitaminium E: lima beans 929% more than corn
- Vitaminium K: lima beans 1900% more than corn
Minerals: lima beans vs corn
Compares of lima beans
- Lima Beans vs Asparagus
- Lima Beans vs Broccoli
- Lima Beans vs Brussels Sprouts
- Lima Beans vs Cauliflower
- Lima Beans vs Eggplant
- Lima Beans vs Fava Beans
- see all compares of lima beans
Compares of corn
- Calories from Lima beans
- Calories of Lotus root
- Calories in Moringa
- Mustard greens calories per 100g
- Okra carbs per 100g
- Onion protein per 100g
- Parsnips fat per 100g
- How many calories does peas have?
- Calories in a half of pumpkin
- Calories in whole pumpkin
- Calories for one, two or more pumpkins
- How much protein in purslane?