Lima Beans vs Yam: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Lima beans
At first glance, you can see that in lima beans is much more calories than in yam.
Lima beans has 338 kcal per 100g and yam 108 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 213%.
In lima beans and in yam most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare lima beans with yam in details.
Fact 2: Lima beans And Yam Nutrition Difference
Yam vs Lima beans: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Lima beans||Yam|
|Carbohydrates||63.38 g||27.88 g|
|Fat||0.69 g||0.17 g|
|Dietary fiber||19 g||4.1 g|
|Protein||21.46 g||1.53 g|
|Calcium||81 mg||17 mg|
|Iron||7.51 mg||0.54 mg|
|Magnessium||224 mg||21 mg|
|Phosphorus||385 mg||55 mg|
|Potassium||1724 mg||816 mg|
|Sodium||18 mg||9 mg|
|Zink||2.83 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.507 mg||0.112 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.202 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.537 mg||0.552 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||1.355 mg||0.314 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.512 mg||0.293 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||395 mg||23 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.72 mg||0.35 mg|
|Vitaminium K||6 mg||2.3 mg|
More protein in lima beans
It is aslo easy to see see that in lima beans is more protein than in yam.
There is 1.53g per 100g of yam and 21.46g per 100g of lima beans so using simple math we can see that difference is about 1303%.
More carbohydrates in lima beans
In lima beans is more carbohydrates than in yam.
There is 27.88g/100g of carbohydrates in yam and 63.38g/100g in lima beans so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 127%.
More fat in lima beans
In lima beans is more fats than in yam.
The tables above show us that there is 0.17g/100g of fats in yam and 0.69g/100g in lima beans. In this case difference is about 306%.
- Carbohydrates63.38 g
- Fat0.69 g
- Dietary fiber19 g
- Protein21.46 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 73% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: yam vs lima beans
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): lima beans 353% more than yam
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): lima beans 531% more than yam
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): lima beans 178% more than yam
- Vitaminium B5: lima beans 332% more than yam
- Vitaminium B6: lima beans 75% more than yam
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): lima beans 1617% more than yam
- Vitaminium E: lima beans 106% more than yam
- Vitaminium K: lima beans 161% more than yam
Minerals: lima beans vs yam
Compares of lima beans
- Lima Beans vs Asparagus
- Lima Beans vs Broccoli
- Lima Beans vs Brussels Sprouts
- Lima Beans vs Cauliflower
- Lima Beans vs Eggplant
- Lima Beans vs Fava Beans
- see all compares of lima beans
Compares of yam
- Calories from Lima beans
- Calories of Lotus root
- Calories in Moringa
- Mustard greens calories per 100g
- Okra carbs per 100g
- Onion protein per 100g
- Parsnips fat per 100g
- How many calories does peas have?
- Calories in a half of pumpkin
- Calories in whole pumpkin
- Calories for one, two or more pumpkins
- How much protein in purslane?