Potato: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in potato?
To show you what does it mean, medium size potato (90 g) has about 69 calories.
It is about 3% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 69 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from potato is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 1 apple
- 0.5 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 0.5 slice of cheese
- 0.5 slice of bread
- 0.5 glass of milk
- 3.5 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about potato nutrition.
See all nutrition data of potato on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Medium Size Potato (90 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||medium size potato (90 g)|
|Carbs Total||17.49 g||4.96 g||15.7 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||0.6 g||1.9 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||< 0.1 g||< 0.1 g|
|Protein||2.05 g||0.58 g||1.8 g|
potato - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A2 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.081 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.032 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)1.061 mg
- Vit B50.279 mg
- Vit B60.298 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)15 mcg
- Vit C19.7 mg
- Vit K2 mg
Energy content of potato
- 88% CARBS
- 10% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
potato - minerals per 100g
- Potassium425 mg
- Phosphorus57 mg
- Magnessium23 mg
- Calcium12 mg
- Sodium6 mg
- Iron0.81 mg
- Zink0.3 mg
- Beta karoten4 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 potatoes?
As I wrote before medium size potato (90 g) have 69 calories. It is easy to count that two potatoes have about 138 calories and three potatoes have about 207 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five potatoes.
- Medium size potato (90 g)69 kcal
- Potato cup, sliced (130g)100 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of potatoes22 kcal
- Half of medium size potato34.5 kcal
- Small size potato (72g)55.2 kcal
- Big size potato (117g)89.7 kcal
- Two medium size potatoes138 kcal
- Three medium size potatoes207 kcal
- Four medium size potatoes276 kcal
- Five medium size potatoes345 kcal
Protein in potato
Potatoes have 2.05 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size potato (90 g) you can see that you will get about 1.8 g of protein.
Carbs in potatoes
Potatoes have 17.49 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size potato (90 g) has about 15.7 g of carbs.
Fat in potatoes
Potatoes have 0.1 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size potato (90 g) has about 0.1 g of fat.
medium size potato (90 g) has:69kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare potato with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how potato looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does spinach have?
- Calories in a half of sweet potato
- Calories in whole sweet potato
- Calories for one, two or more sweet potatos
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in chard?
- How much fat in tomato?
- How much protein in turnip?
- What is weight of watercress?
- Winged bean calories per ounce (oz)
- Yam calories per serving size