Corn: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Also known as (other names): Maize
How many calories in corn?
In particular, medium size corn (185 g) has about 159 calories.
It is about 7% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 159 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from corn is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 3 apples
- 2 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1.5 slices of cheese
- 1.5 slices of bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 8 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about corn nutrition.
See all nutrition data of corn on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Medium Size Corn (185 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||medium size corn (185 g)|
|Carbs Total||18.7 g||5.3 g||34.6 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||0.57 g||3.7 g|
|Fat||1.35 g||0.38 g||2.5 g|
|Protein||3.27 g||0.93 g||6 g|
corn - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A187 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.155 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.055 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)1.77 mg
- Vit B50.717 mg
- Vit B60.093 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)42 mcg
- Vit C6.8 mg
- Vit E0.07 mg
- Vit K0.3 mg
Energy content of corn
- 75% CARBS
- 13% PROTEIN
- 12% FAT
corn - minerals per 100g
- Potassium270 mg
- Magnessium37 mg
- Calcium2 mg
- Sodium15 mg
- Iron0.52 mg
- Zink0.46 mg
- Beta karoten16 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 corn?
As I wrote before medium size corn (185 g) has 159 calories. It is easy to count that two corn have about 318 calories and three corn have about 477 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five corn.
- Medium size corn (185 g)159 kcal
- Tablespoon of corn (15g)13 kcal
- Teaspoon of corn (5g)4 kcal
- Cup of corn (164g)141 kcal
- Half cup of corn (82g)71 kcal
- Corn small can (140g)120 kcal
- Corn medium can (285g)245 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of corn24 kcal
- Half of medium size corn79.5 kcal
- Small size corn (148g)127.2 kcal
- Big size corn (241g)206.7 kcal
- Two medium size corn318 kcal
- Three medium size corn477 kcal
- Four medium size corn636 kcal
- Five medium size corn795 kcal
Protein in corn
Corn has 3.27 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size corn (185 g) you can see that you will get about 6 g of protein.
Carbs in corn
Corn has 18.7 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size corn (185 g) has about 34.6 g of carbs.
Fat in corn
Corn has 1.35 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size corn (185 g) has about 2.5 g of fat.
medium size corn (185 g) has:159kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare corn with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how corn looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does zucchini have?
- Calories in handful of buckwheat
- Calories in tablespoon of buckwheat
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in brazil nuts?
- How much fat in cashew nuts?
- How much protein in chestnuts?
- What is weight of chia seeds?
- Coconut calories per ounce (oz)
- Linseed calories per serving size