Fava Beans vs Lima Beans: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Fava beans
At first glance, you can see that in fava beans is just a little more calories than in lima beans.
Fava beans has 341 kcal per 100g and lima beans 338 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 1%.
In fava beans and in lima beans most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare fava beans with lima beans in details.
Fact 2: Fava beans And Lima beans Nutrition Difference
Lima beans vs Fava beans: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Fava beans||Lima beans|
|Carbohydrates||58.59 g||63.38 g|
|Fat||1.53 g||0.69 g|
|Dietary fiber||25 g||19 g|
|Protein||26.12 g||21.46 g|
|Calcium||103 mg||81 mg|
|Iron||6.7 mg||7.51 mg|
|Magnessium||192 mg||224 mg|
|Phosphorus||421 mg||385 mg|
|Potassium||1062 mg||1724 mg|
|Sodium||13 mg||18 mg|
|Zink||3.14 mg||2.83 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.555 mg||0.507 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.333 mg||0.202 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.832 mg||1.537 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.976 mg||1.355 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.366 mg||0.512 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||423 mg||395 mg|
|Vitaminium K||9 mg||6 mg|
More protein in fava beans
It is aslo easy to see see that in fava beans is more protein than in lima beans.
There is 21.46g per 100g of lima beans and 26.12g per 100g of fava beans so using simple math we can see that difference is about 22%.
Less carbohydrates in fava beans
In fava beans is less carbohydrates than in lima beans.
There is 63.38g/100g of carbohydrates in lima beans and 58.59g/100g in fava beans so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 8%.
More fat in fava beans
In fava beans is more fats than in lima beans.
The tables above show us that there is 0.69g/100g of fats in lima beans and 1.53g/100g in fava beans. In this case difference is about 122%.
- Carbohydrates58.59 g
- Fat1.53 g
- Dietary fiber25 g
- Protein26.12 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 66% CARBS.
- 30% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: lima beans vs fava beans
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): fava beans 9% more than lima beans
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): fava beans 65% more than lima beans
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): fava beans 84% more than lima beans
- Vitaminium B5: lima beans 39% more than fava beans
- Vitaminium B6: lima beans 40% more than fava beans
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): fava beans 7% more than lima beans
- Vitaminium K: fava beans 50% more than lima beans
Minerals: fava beans vs lima beans
- Calcium: fava beans 27% more than lima beans
- Iron: lima beans 12% more than fava beans
- Magnessium: lima beans 17% more than fava beans
- Phosphorus: fava beans 9% more than lima beans
- Potassium: lima beans 62% more than fava beans
- Sodium: lima beans 38% more than fava beans
- Zink: fava beans 11% more than lima beans
Compares of fava beans
- Fava Beans vs Artichoke
- Fava Beans vs Broccoli
- Fava Beans vs Rapini
- Fava Beans vs Brussels Sprouts
- Fava Beans vs Cabbage
- Fava Beans vs Lima Beans
- see all compares of fava beans
Compares of lima beans
- Calories from Fava beans
- Calories of Fennel
- Calories in Kale
- Kohlrabi calories per 100g
- Leek carbs per 100g
- Lettuce protein per 100g
- Lima beans fat per 100g
- How many calories does lotus root have?
- Calories in a half of mustard greens leaves
- Calories in whole mustard greens leaves
- Calories for one, two or more mustard greens leaves
- Calories in handful of mustard greens leaves
- How much protein in okra?