Asparagus vs Lima Beans: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Asparagus
At first glance, you can see that in asparagus is much less calories than in lima beans.
Asparagus has 20 kcal per 100g and lima beans 338 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 1590%.
In asparagus and in lima beans most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare asparagus with lima beans in details.
Fact 2: Asparagus And Lima beans Nutrition Difference
Lima beans vs Asparagus: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Asparagus||Lima beans|
|Carbohydrates||3.38 g||63.38 g|
|Fat||0.12 g||0.69 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||19 g|
|Protein||2.2 g||21.46 g|
|Calcium||24 mg||81 mg|
|Iron||1.14 mg||7.51 mg|
|Magnessium||14 mg||224 mg|
|Phosphorus||52 mg||385 mg|
|Potassium||202 mg||1724 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||18 mg|
|Zink||0.54 mg||2.83 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.143 mg||0.507 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.141 mg||0.202 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.978 mg||1.537 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.274 mg||1.355 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.091 mg||0.512 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||52 mg||395 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.13 mg||0.72 mg|
|Vitaminium K||41.6 mg||6 mg|
Less protein in asparagus
It is aslo easy to see see that in asparagus is less protein than in lima beans.
There is 21.46g per 100g of lima beans and 2.2g per 100g of asparagus so using simple math we can see that difference is about 875%.
Less carbohydrates in asparagus
In asparagus is less carbohydrates than in lima beans.
There is 63.38g/100g of carbohydrates in lima beans and 3.38g/100g in asparagus so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1775%.
Less fat in asparagus
In asparagus is less fats than in lima beans.
The tables above show us that there is 0.69g/100g of fats in lima beans and 0.12g/100g in asparagus. In this case difference is about 475%.
- Carbohydrates3.38 g
- Fat0.12 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein2.2 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | bunch | cup | half cup
- 58% CARBS.
- 38% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: lima beans vs asparagus
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): lima beans 255% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): lima beans 43% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): lima beans 57% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium B5: lima beans 395% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium B6: lima beans 463% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): lima beans 660% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium E: asparagus 57% more than lima beans
- Vitaminium K: asparagus 593% more than lima beans
Minerals: asparagus vs lima beans
- Calcium: lima beans 238% more than asparagus
- Iron: lima beans 559% more than asparagus
- Magnessium: lima beans 1500% more than asparagus
- Phosphorus: lima beans 640% more than asparagus
- Potassium: lima beans 753% more than asparagus
- Sodium: lima beans 800% more than asparagus
- Zink: lima beans 424% more than asparagus
Compares of asparagus
- Asparagus vs Artichoke
- Asparagus vs Arugula
- Asparagus vs Bamboo Shoots
- Asparagus vs Beetroot
- Asparagus vs Bok Choy
- Asparagus vs Broccoli
- see all compares of asparagus