Onion: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Onion: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, one onion, slice and more
How many calories in onion?
For instance, medium size onion (110 g) has about 44 calories.
It is about 2% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size onion is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 0.5 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you would have to bike at least 6 minutes, swim for about 5 minutes or run for 4 minutes.
See all nutrition data of onion on charts.
Onion: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Carbs Total||9.34 g||~ 2.6 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.7 g||~ 0.5 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||< 0.1 g|
|Protein||1.1 g||~ 0.3 g|
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 onions?
As I wrote before medium size onion (110 g) have 44 calories. It is easy to count that two onions have about 88 calories and three onions have about 132 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five onions.
- Medium size onion (110 g)44 kcal
- Slice of onion (15g)6 kcal
- Onion cup, sliced (115g)46 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of onions11 kcal
- Half of medium size onion22 kcal
- Small size onion (88g)35.2 kcal
- Big size onion (143g)57.2 kcal
- Two medium size onions88 kcal
- Three medium size onions132 kcal
- Four medium size onions176 kcal
- Five medium size onions220 kcal
Protein in onion
Onions have 1.1 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size onion (110 g) you can see that you will get about 1.2 g of protein.
Carbs in onions
Onions have 9.34 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size onion (110 g) has about 10.3 g of carbs.
Fat in onions
Onions have 0.1 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size onion (110 g) has about 0.1 g of fat.
medium size onion (110 g) has:44kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
onion - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A2 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.046 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.027 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.116 mg
- Vitaminium B50.123 mg
- Vitaminium B60.12 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)19 mcg
- Vitaminium C7.4 mg
- Vitaminium E0.02 mg
Energy content of onion
- 88% CARBS
- 10% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
onion - minerals per 100g
- Potassium146 mg
- Phosphorus29 mg
- Magnessium10 mg
- Calcium23 mg
- Sodium4 mg
- Zink0.17 mg
- Beta karoten1 mg
Interesting charts - compare onion with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how onion looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does rhubarb have?
- Calories in a half of shallot
- Calories in whole shallot
- Calories for one, two or more shallots
- Calories in handful of shallots
- Calories in tablespoon of shallot
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in spinach?
- How much fat in corn?
- How much protein in sweet potato?
- What is weight of chard?
- Tomato calories per ounce (oz)
- Turnip calories per serving size