Corn vs Popcorn: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Corn
At first glance, you can see that in corn is much less calories than in popcorn.
Corn has 86 kcal per 100g and popcorn 387 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 350%.
In corn and in popcorn most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare corn with popcorn in details.
Fact 2: Corn And Popcorn Nutrition Difference
Popcorn vs Corn: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||18.7 g||77.78 g|
|Fat||1.35 g||4.54 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||14.5 g|
|Protein||3.27 g||12.94 g|
|Calcium||2 mg||7 mg|
|Iron||0.52 mg||3.19 mg|
|Magnessium||37 mg||144 mg|
|Potassium||270 mg||329 mg|
|Sodium||15 mg||8 mg|
|Zink||0.46 mg||1.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.155 mg||0.104 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.055 mg||0.083 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.77 mg||2.308 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.093 mg||0.157 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||42 mg||0.031 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.07 mg||0.29 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.3 mg||0.001 mg|
Less protein in corn
It is aslo easy to see see that in corn is less protein than in popcorn.
There is 12.94g per 100g of popcorn and 3.27g per 100g of corn so using simple math we can see that difference is about 296%.
Less carbohydrates in corn
In corn is less carbohydrates than in popcorn.
There is 77.78g/100g of carbohydrates in popcorn and 18.7g/100g in corn so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 316%.
Less fat in corn
In corn is less fats than in popcorn.
The tables above show us that there is 4.54g/100g of fats in popcorn and 1.35g/100g in corn. In this case difference is about 236%.
- Carbohydrates18.7 g
- Fat1.35 g
- Dietary fiber2 g
- Protein3.27 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup | small can | medium can
- 75% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 12% FAT
Vitamins: popcorn vs corn
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): corn 49% more than popcorn
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): popcorn 51% more than corn
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): popcorn 30% more than corn
- Vitaminium B6: popcorn 69% more than corn
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): corn 135384% more than popcorn
- Vitaminium E: popcorn 314% more than corn
- Vitaminium K: corn 29900% more than popcorn
Minerals: corn vs popcorn
Compares of corn
- Corn vs Asparagus
- Corn vs Bamboo Shoots
- Corn vs Beetroot
- Corn vs Broccoli
- Corn vs Brussels Sprouts
- Corn vs Butternut Squash
- see all compares of corn
Compares of popcorn
- Corn vs Sweetcorn nutrition
- Sweet Potato vs Russet Potato calories
- Sweet Potato vs Acorn Squash protein
- Sweet Potato vs Jicama sugar
- Sweet Potato vs Rutabaga vitamins
- Sweet Potato vs Yuca dietary fiber
- Sweet Potato vs Baby Potatoes vitaminium C
- Sweet Potato vs Red Potato magnessium
- Chard vs Collards potassium