Greek Yoghurt vs Ricotta Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Greek yoghurt
At first glance, you can see that in Greek yoghurt is much less calories than in ricotta cheese.
Greek yoghurt has 59 kcal per 100g and ricotta cheese 156 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 164%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in Greek yoghurt cames from protein and in ricotta cheese from fat.
See tables below to compare Greek yoghurt with ricotta cheese in details.
Fact 2: Greek yoghurt And Ricotta cheese Nutrition Difference
Ricotta cheese vs Greek yoghurt: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Greek yoghurt||Ricotta cheese|
|Carbohydrates||3.6 g||4.09 g|
|Fat||0.39 g||10.44 g|
|Protein||10.19 g||11.32 g|
|Water||85.1 g||73.06 g|
|Calcium||110 mg||240 mg|
|Iron||0.07 mg||0.41 mg|
|Magnessium||11 mg||13 mg|
|Potassium||141 mg||115 mg|
|Sodium||36 mg||92 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.023 mg||0.017 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.278 mg||0.19 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.208 mg||0.091 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.063 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.012 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.01 mg||0.09 mg|
Less protein in Greek yoghurt
It is aslo easy to see see that in Greek yoghurt is less protein than in ricotta cheese.
There is 11.32g per 100g of ricotta cheese and 10.19g per 100g of Greek yoghurt so using simple math we can see that difference is about 11%.
Less carbohydrates in Greek yoghurt
In Greek yoghurt is less carbohydrates than in ricotta cheese.
There is 4.09g/100g of carbohydrates in ricotta cheese and 3.6g/100g in Greek yoghurt so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 14%.
Less fat in Greek yoghurt
In Greek yoghurt is less fats than in ricotta cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 10.44g/100g of fats in ricotta cheese and 0.39g/100g in Greek yoghurt. In this case difference is about 2577%.
- Carbohydrates3.6 g
- Fat0.39 g
- Protein10.19 g
- Water85.1 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | glass | cup | half cup
- 25% CARBS.
- 69% PROTEIN
- 6% FAT
Vitamins: ricotta cheese vs Greek yoghurt
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Greek yoghurt 35% more than ricotta cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Greek yoghurt 46% more than ricotta cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Greek yoghurt 129% more than ricotta cheese
- Vitaminium B6: Greek yoghurt 97% more than ricotta cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): ricotta cheese 71% more than Greek yoghurt
- Vitaminium E: ricotta cheese 800% more than Greek yoghurt
Minerals: Greek yoghurt vs ricotta cheese
Compares of Greek yoghurt
- Greek Yoghurt vs Cottage Cheese
- Greek Yoghurt vs Feta Cheese
- Greek Yoghurt vs Whole Milk
- Greek Yoghurt vs Buttermilk
- Greek Yoghurt vs Sheep Milk
- Greek Yoghurt vs Egg
- see all compares of Greek yoghurt
Compares of ricotta cheese
- Calories from Greek yoghurt
- Calories of Salami
- Calories in Almond flakes
- Octopus calories per 100g
- Acerola fruit carbs per 100g
- Queso Fresco protein per 100g
- Blow Pop fat per 100g
- How many calories does Biscoff cookie have?
- Calories in a half of ravioli
- Calories in whole ravioli
- Calories for one, two or more ravioli
- How much protein in Alfredo sauce?
- Cheddar vs American Cheese nutrition
- Cheddar vs Provolone Cheese calories
- Cheddar vs Cream Cheese protein
- Cheddar vs Ricotta Cheese sugar
- Cheddar vs Queso Fresco Cheese vitamins
- Cheddar vs Sharp Cheddar Cheese dietary fiber
- Coconut Milk vs Skimmed Milk vitaminium C
- Mozzarella vs American Cheese magnessium
- Mozzarella vs Provolone Cheese potassium