Buttermilk vs Greek Yoghurt: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Buttermilk
At first glance, you can see that in buttermilk is much more calories than in Greek yoghurt.
Buttermilk has 105 kcal per 100g and Greek yoghurt 59 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 78%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in buttermilk cames from carbs and in Greek yoghurt from protein.
See tables below to compare buttermilk with Greek yoghurt in details.
Fact 2: Buttermilk And Greek yoghurt Nutrition Difference
Greek yoghurt vs Buttermilk: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Buttermilk||Greek yoghurt|
|Carbohydrates||49 g||3.6 g|
|Fat||5.78 g||0.39 g|
|Protein||34.3 g||10.19 g|
|Water||2.97 g||85.1 g|
|Calcium||1184 mg||110 mg|
|Iron||0.3 mg||0.07 mg|
|Magnessium||110 mg||11 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.4 mg||1 mg|
|Potassium||1592 mg||141 mg|
|Sodium||517 mg||36 mg|
|Zink||0.4 mg||1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.392 mg||0.023 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||1.579 mg||0.278 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.876 mg||0.208 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.338 mg||0.063 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.047 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.1 mg||0.01 mg|
More protein in buttermilk
It is aslo easy to see see that in buttermilk is more protein than in Greek yoghurt.
There is 10.19g per 100g of Greek yoghurt and 34.3g per 100g of buttermilk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 237%.
More carbohydrates in buttermilk
In buttermilk is more carbohydrates than in Greek yoghurt.
There is 3.6g/100g of carbohydrates in Greek yoghurt and 49g/100g in buttermilk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1261%.
More fat in buttermilk
In buttermilk is more fats than in Greek yoghurt.
The tables above show us that there is 0.39g/100g of fats in Greek yoghurt and 5.78g/100g in buttermilk. In this case difference is about 1382%.
- Carbohydrates49 g
- Fat5.78 g
- Protein34.3 g
- Water2.97 g
100g | ounce | glass | cup | small glass | cup | half cup
- 51% CARBS.
- 36% PROTEIN
- 14% FAT
Vitamins: Greek yoghurt vs buttermilk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): buttermilk 1604% more than Greek yoghurt
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): buttermilk 468% more than Greek yoghurt
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): buttermilk 321% more than Greek yoghurt
- Vitaminium B6: buttermilk 437% more than Greek yoghurt
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): buttermilk 571% more than Greek yoghurt
- Vitaminium E: buttermilk 900% more than Greek yoghurt
Minerals: buttermilk vs Greek yoghurt
- Calcium: buttermilk 976% more than Greek yoghurt
- Iron: buttermilk 329% more than Greek yoghurt
- Magnessium: buttermilk 900% more than Greek yoghurt
- Phosphorus: Greek yoghurt 150% more than buttermilk
- Potassium: buttermilk 1029% more than Greek yoghurt
- Sodium: buttermilk 1336% more than Greek yoghurt
- Zink: Greek yoghurt 150% more than buttermilk
Compares of buttermilk
- Buttermilk vs Cottage Cheese
- Buttermilk vs Whole Milk
- Buttermilk vs Goat Milk
- Buttermilk vs Sheep Milk
- Buttermilk vs Egg
- Buttermilk vs Egg White
- see all compares of buttermilk
Compares of Greek yoghurt
- Calories from Buttermilk
- Calories of Chicken breast
- Calories in Orange juice
- Cider calories per 100g
- Pork neck carbs per 100g
- Tabbouleh protein per 100g
- McFlurry McDonald's fat per 100g
- How many calories does kolache have?
- Calories in a half of beef and broccoli
- Calories in whole beef and broccoli
- Calories for one, two or more beef and broccoli
- How much protein in brandy?
- Buttermilk vs Margarine nutrition
- Buttermilk vs Kefir calories
- Goat's Milk vs Mother's Milk protein
- Goat's Milk vs Sheep's Milk sugar
- Goat's Milk vs Egg White vitamins
- Goat's Milk vs Natural Yogurt dietary fiber
- Mother's Milk vs Sheep's Milk vitaminium C
- Mother's Milk vs Egg magnessium
- Mother's Milk vs Egg Yolk potassium