Cheddar vs Provolone Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
More Calories in Cheddar
At first glance, you can see that in cheddar is more calories than in provolone cheese.
Cheddar has 410 kcal per 100g and provolone cheese 351 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 17%.
In cheddar and in provolone cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare cheddar with provolone cheese in details.
Cheddar And Provolone cheese Nutrition Difference
Provolone cheese vs Cheddar: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cheddar||Provolone cheese|
|Carbohydrates||2.13 g||2.14 g|
|Fat||33.82 g||26.62 g|
|Protein||24.25 g||25.58 g|
|Water||36.15 g||40.95 g|
|Calcium||711 mg||756 mg|
|Iron||0.16 mg||0.52 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||28 mg|
|Potassium||76 mg||138 mg|
|Sodium||644 mg||727 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.027 mg||0.019 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.434 mg||0.321 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.039 mg||0.156 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.075 mg||0.073 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.027 mg||0.01 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.78 mg||0.23 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
Less protein in cheddar
It is aslo easy to see see that in cheddar is less protein than in provolone cheese.
There is 25.58g per 100g of provolone cheese and 24.25g per 100g of cheddar so using simple math we can see that difference is about 5%.
Less carbohydrates in cheddar
In cheddar is less carbohydrates than in provolone cheese.
There is 2.14g/100g of carbohydrates in provolone cheese and 2.13g/100g in cheddar so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 0%.
More fat in cheddar
In cheddar is more fats than in provolone cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 26.62g/100g of fats in provolone cheese and 33.82g/100g in cheddar. In this case difference is about 27%.
- Carbohydrates2.13 g
- Fat33.82 g
- Protein24.25 g
- Water36.15 g
100g | ounce | handfull | slice | cup | shredded
- 2% CARBS.
- 24% PROTEIN
- 74% FAT
Vitamins: provolone cheese vs cheddar
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
cheddar - 42% more than provolone cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
cheddar - 35% more than provolone cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
provolone cheese - 300% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B6:
cheddar - 3% more than provolone cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
cheddar - 170% more than provolone cheese
- Vitaminium E:
cheddar - 239% more than provolone cheese
- Vitaminium K:
provolone cheese - 0% more than cheddar
Compares of cheddar
- Cheddar vs Blue Cheese
- Cheddar vs Brie
- Cheddar vs Camembert
- Cheddar vs White Cheese
- Cheddar vs Cottage Cheese
- Cheddar vs Edam Cheese
- see all compares of cheddar
Compares of provolone cheese
- Calories from Cheddar
- Calories of Turkey salami
- Calories in Coconut shrims
- Oyster calories per 100g
- Actimel carbs per 100g
- Beignet protein per 100g
- Bolillo roll fat per 100g
- How many calories does hush puppy have?
- Calories in a half of blue cheese dressing
- Calories in whole blue cheese dressing
- Calories for one, two or more blue cheese dressing
- Calories in tablespoon of blue cheese dressing
- Calories in teaspoon of blue cheese dressing
- How much protein in York Peppermint Pattie?
- Cheddar vs Cream Cheese nutrition
- Cheddar vs Ricotta Cheese calories
- Cheddar vs Queso Fresco Cheese protein
- Cheddar vs Sharp Cheddar Cheese sugar
- Coconut Milk vs Skimmed Milk vitamins
- Mozzarella vs American Cheese dietary fiber
- Mozzarella vs Provolone Cheese vitaminium C
- Mozzarella vs Paneer Cheese magnessium
- Mozzarella vs Ricotta Cheese potassium