Cheddar vs American Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Cheddar
At first glance, you can see that in cheddar is more calories than in american cheese.
Cheddar has 410 kcal per 100g and american cheese 307 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 34%.
In cheddar and in american cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare cheddar with american cheese in details.
Fact 2: Cheddar And American cheese Nutrition Difference
American cheese vs Cheddar: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cheddar||American cheese|
|Carbohydrates||2.13 g||8.85 g|
|Fat||33.82 g||23.06 g|
|Protein||24.25 g||16.09 g|
|Water||36.15 g||45.07 g|
|Calcium||711 mg||1375 mg|
|Iron||0.16 mg||0.95 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||34 mg|
|Potassium||76 mg||295 mg|
|Sodium||644 mg||1279 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.027 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.434 mg||0.425 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.039 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.075 mg||0.124 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.027 mg||0.018 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.78 mg||0.84 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.003 mg|
More protein in cheddar
It is aslo easy to see see that in cheddar is more protein than in american cheese.
There is 16.09g per 100g of american cheese and 24.25g per 100g of cheddar so using simple math we can see that difference is about 51%.
Less carbohydrates in cheddar
In cheddar is less carbohydrates than in american cheese.
There is 8.85g/100g of carbohydrates in american cheese and 2.13g/100g in cheddar so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 315%.
More fat in cheddar
In cheddar is more fats than in american cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 23.06g/100g of fats in american cheese and 33.82g/100g in cheddar. In this case difference is about 47%.
- Carbohydrates2.13 g
- Fat33.82 g
- Protein24.25 g
- Water36.15 g
100g | ounce | handfull | slice | cup | shredded
- 2% CARBS.
- 24% PROTEIN
- 74% FAT
Vitamins: american cheese vs cheddar
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): american cheese 48% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cheddar 2% more than american cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): american cheese 336% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B6: american cheese 65% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cheddar 50% more than american cheese
- Vitaminium E: american cheese 8% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium K: american cheese 50% more than cheddar
Minerals: cheddar vs american cheese
Compares of cheddar
- Cheddar vs Blue Cheese
- Cheddar vs Brie
- Cheddar vs Camembert
- Cheddar vs White Cheese
- Cheddar vs Cottage Cheese
- Cheddar vs Edam Cheese
- see all compares of cheddar
Compares of american cheese
- Calories from Cheddar
- Calories of Turkey salami
- Calories in Coconut shrims
- Oyster calories per 100g
- Actimel carbs per 100g
- Beignet protein per 100g
- Bolillo roll fat per 100g
- How many calories does hush puppy have?
- Calories in a half of blue cheese dressing
- Calories in whole blue cheese dressing
- Calories for one, two or more blue cheese dressing
- Calories in tablespoon of blue cheese dressing
- Calories in teaspoon of blue cheese dressing
- How much protein in York Peppermint Pattie?
- Cheddar vs Provolone Cheese nutrition
- Cheddar vs Cream Cheese calories
- Cheddar vs Ricotta Cheese protein
- Cheddar vs Queso Fresco Cheese sugar
- Cheddar vs Sharp Cheddar Cheese vitamins
- Coconut Milk vs Skimmed Milk dietary fiber
- Mozzarella vs American Cheese vitaminium C
- Mozzarella vs Provolone Cheese magnessium
- Mozzarella vs Paneer Cheese potassium