Gouda Cheese vs Swiss Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Gouda cheese
At first glance, you can see that in gouda cheese is less calories than in Swiss cheese.
Gouda cheese has 356 kcal per 100g and Swiss cheese 393 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 10%.
In gouda cheese and in Swiss cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare gouda cheese with Swiss cheese in details.
Fact 2: Gouda cheese And Swiss cheese Nutrition Difference
Swiss cheese vs Gouda cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Gouda cheese||Swiss cheese|
|Carbohydrates||2.22 g||1.44 g|
|Fat||27.44 g||30.99 g|
|Protein||24.94 g||26.96 g|
|Water||41.46 g||37.63 g|
|Calcium||700 mg||890 mg|
|Iron||0.24 mg||0.13 mg|
|Magnessium||29 mg||33 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.3 mg||1.4 mg|
|Potassium||121 mg||72 mg|
|Sodium||819 mg||187 mg|
|Zink||2.3 mg||1.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.03 mg||0.011 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.334 mg||0.302 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.063 mg||0.064 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.08 mg||0.071 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.021 mg||0.01 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.001 mg|
Less protein in gouda cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in gouda cheese is less protein than in Swiss cheese.
There is 26.96g per 100g of Swiss cheese and 24.94g per 100g of gouda cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 8%.
More carbohydrates in gouda cheese
In gouda cheese is more carbohydrates than in Swiss cheese.
There is 1.44g/100g of carbohydrates in Swiss cheese and 2.22g/100g in gouda cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 54%.
Less fat in gouda cheese
In gouda cheese is less fats than in Swiss cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 30.99g/100g of fats in Swiss cheese and 27.44g/100g in gouda cheese. In this case difference is about 13%.
- Carbohydrates2.22 g
- Fat27.44 g
- Protein24.94 g
- Water41.46 g
100g | ounce | slice | cup | shredded
- 2% CARBS.
- 28% PROTEIN
- 69% FAT
Vitamins: Swiss cheese vs gouda cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): gouda cheese 173% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): gouda cheese 11% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Swiss cheese 2% more than gouda cheese
- Vitaminium B6: gouda cheese 13% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): gouda cheese 110% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium E: Swiss cheese 150% more than gouda cheese
- Vitaminium K: gouda cheese 100% more than Swiss cheese
Minerals: gouda cheese vs Swiss cheese
- Calcium: Swiss cheese 27% more than gouda cheese
- Iron: gouda cheese 85% more than Swiss cheese
- Magnessium: Swiss cheese 14% more than gouda cheese
- Phosphorus: gouda cheese 64% more than Swiss cheese
- Potassium: gouda cheese 68% more than Swiss cheese
- Sodium: gouda cheese 338% more than Swiss cheese
- Zink: gouda cheese 64% more than Swiss cheese
Compares of gouda cheese
- Gouda Cheese vs Blue Cheese
- Gouda Cheese vs Brie
- Gouda Cheese vs Camembert
- Gouda Cheese vs White Cheese
- Gouda Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- Gouda Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- see all compares of gouda cheese
Compares of Swiss cheese
- Calories from Gouda cheese
- Calories of Avocado oil
- Calories in Dried cranberries
- Whisky (whiskey) calories per 100g
- Horseflesh carbs per 100g
- Sierra Mist protein per 100g
- Pumpkin bread fat per 100g
- How many calories does coconut flour have?
- Calories in a half of cooked wild rice
- Calories in whole cooked wild rice
- Calories for one, two or more cooked wild rice
- How much protein in cooked soba noodles?
- Gouda Cheese vs Milk nutrition
- Gouda Cheese vs Butter calories
- Gouda Cheese vs Goat Cheese protein
- Gouda Cheese vs Cheddar sugar
- Gouda Cheese vs Mozzarella vitamins
- Gouda Cheese vs Halloumi dietary fiber
- Gouda Cheese vs Smoked Cheese vitaminium C
- Parmesan vs Swiss Cheese magnessium
- Parmesan vs Egg potassium