Swiss Cheese vs American Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
More Calories in Swiss cheese
At first glance, you can see that in Swiss cheese is more calories than in american cheese.
Swiss cheese has 393 kcal per 100g and american cheese 307 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 28%.
In Swiss cheese and in american cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare Swiss cheese with american cheese in details.
Swiss cheese And American cheese Nutrition Difference
American cheese vs Swiss cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Swiss cheese||American cheese|
|Carbohydrates||1.44 g||8.85 g|
|Fat||30.99 g||23.06 g|
|Protein||26.96 g||16.09 g|
|Water||37.63 g||45.07 g|
|Calcium||890 mg||1375 mg|
|Iron||0.13 mg||0.95 mg|
|Magnessium||33 mg||34 mg|
|Potassium||72 mg||295 mg|
|Sodium||187 mg||1279 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.011 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.302 mg||0.425 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.064 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.071 mg||0.124 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.01 mg||0.018 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.6 mg||0.84 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.001 mg||0.003 mg|
More protein in Swiss cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in Swiss cheese is more protein than in american cheese.
There is 16.09g per 100g of american cheese and 26.96g per 100g of Swiss cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 68%.
Less carbohydrates in Swiss cheese
In Swiss cheese is less carbohydrates than in american cheese.
There is 8.85g/100g of carbohydrates in american cheese and 1.44g/100g in Swiss cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 515%.
More fat in Swiss cheese
In Swiss cheese is more fats than in american cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 23.06g/100g of fats in american cheese and 30.99g/100g in Swiss cheese. In this case difference is about 34%.
- Carbohydrates1.44 g
- Fat30.99 g
- Protein26.96 g
- Water37.63 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | slice | cup | diced | cup | melted | cup | shredded
- 1% CARBS.
- 27% PROTEIN
- 71% FAT
Vitamins: american cheese vs Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
american cheese - 264% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
american cheese - 41% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
american cheese - 166% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B6:
american cheese - 75% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
american cheese - 80% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium E:
american cheese - 40% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium K:
american cheese - 200% more than Swiss cheese
Minerals: Swiss cheese vs american cheese
Compares of Swiss cheese
- Swiss Cheese vs Blue Cheese
- Swiss Cheese vs Brie
- Swiss Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- Swiss Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- Swiss Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- Swiss Cheese vs Gouda Cheese
- see all compares of Swiss cheese
Compares of american cheese
- Calories from Swiss cheese
- Calories of Margarine
- Calories in Grape juice
- Red wine calories per 100g
- Beef jerky carbs per 100g
- Pierogi Ruskie protein per 100g
- Bran muffin fat per 100g
- How many calories does reuben sandwich have?
- Calories in a half of potato patty
- Calories in whole potato patty
- Calories for one, two or more potato patties
- How much protein in pork rinds?
- Swiss Cheese vs Provolone Cheese nutrition
- Swiss Cheese vs Pepper Jack Cheese calories
- Whole Milk vs Coconut Milk protein
- Whole Milk vs Skimmed Milk sugar
- Whole Milk vs 1% Milk vitamins
- Whole Milk vs 2% Milk dietary fiber
- Whole Milk vs Coffee Creamer vitaminium C
- Whole Milk vs Chobani Yogurt magnessium
- Buttermilk vs Skimmed Milk potassium