Cottage Cheese vs Gouda Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Cottage cheese
At first glance, you can see that in cottage cheese is much less calories than in gouda cheese.
Cottage cheese has 98 kcal per 100g and gouda cheese 356 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 263%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in cottage cheese cames from protein and in gouda cheese from fat.
See tables below to compare cottage cheese with gouda cheese in details.
Fact 2: Cottage cheese And Gouda cheese Nutrition Difference
Gouda cheese vs Cottage cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cottage cheese||Gouda cheese|
|Carbohydrates||3.38 g||2.22 g|
|Fat||4.3 g||27.44 g|
|Protein||11.12 g||24.94 g|
|Water||79.79 g||41.46 g|
|Calcium||83 mg||700 mg|
|Iron||0.07 mg||0.24 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||29 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||2.3 mg|
|Potassium||104 mg||121 mg|
|Sodium||315 mg||819 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||2.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.027 mg||0.03 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.163 mg||0.334 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.099 mg||0.063 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.046 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.012 mg||0.021 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.24 mg|
Less protein in cottage cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in cottage cheese is less protein than in gouda cheese.
There is 24.94g per 100g of gouda cheese and 11.12g per 100g of cottage cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 124%.
More carbohydrates in cottage cheese
In cottage cheese is more carbohydrates than in gouda cheese.
There is 2.22g/100g of carbohydrates in gouda cheese and 3.38g/100g in cottage cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 52%.
Less fat in cottage cheese
In cottage cheese is less fats than in gouda cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 27.44g/100g of fats in gouda cheese and 4.3g/100g in cottage cheese. In this case difference is about 538%.
- Carbohydrates3.38 g
- Fat4.3 g
- Protein11.12 g
- Water79.79 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 14% CARBS.
- 46% PROTEIN
- 40% FAT
Vitamins: gouda cheese vs cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): gouda cheese 11% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): gouda cheese 105% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cottage cheese 57% more than gouda cheese
- Vitaminium B6: gouda cheese 74% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): gouda cheese 75% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium E: gouda cheese 200% more than cottage cheese
Minerals: cottage cheese vs gouda cheese
- Calcium: gouda cheese 743% more than cottage cheese
- Iron: gouda cheese 243% more than cottage cheese
- Magnessium: gouda cheese 263% more than cottage cheese
- Phosphorus: gouda cheese 2200% more than cottage cheese
- Potassium: gouda cheese 16% more than cottage cheese
- Sodium: gouda cheese 160% more than cottage cheese
- Zink: gouda cheese 2200% more than cottage cheese
Compares of cottage cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Blue Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Brie
- Cottage Cheese vs Camembert
- Cottage Cheese vs White Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- see all compares of cottage cheese
Compares of gouda cheese
- Calories from Cottage cheese
- Calories of Palm oil
- Calories in Apple juice
- Beer calories per 100g
- Shrimp carbs per 100g
- Sharp cheddar cheese protein per 100g
- Sesame bagel fat per 100g
- How many calories do Triscuits crackers have?
- Calories in a half of soft serve ice cream
- Calories in whole soft serve ice cream
- Calories for one, two or more soft serve ice cream
- How much protein in McDonalds Sundae Caramel?
- Cottage Cheese vs Parmesan nutrition
- Cottage Cheese vs Swiss Cheese calories
- Cottage Cheese vs Milk protein
- Cottage Cheese vs Buttermilk sugar
- Cottage Cheese vs Goat's Milk vitamins
- Cottage Cheese vs Egg White dietary fiber
- Cottage Cheese vs Egg Yolk vitaminium C
- Cottage Cheese vs Boiled Egg magnessium
- Cottage Cheese vs Butter potassium