Corn Tortilla: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Corn tortilla: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in corn tortilla?
To show you what does it mean, medium size corn tortilla (62 g) has about 135 calories.
It is about 6% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size corn tortilla is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 2.5 apples
- 1.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 7 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you need to bike at least 19 minutes, swim for about 16 minutes or run for 14 minutes.
See also Corn tortilla vitamins and minerals
Corn tortilla: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 corn tortillas?
As I wrote before medium size corn tortilla (62 g) has 135 calories. It is easy to count that two corn tortillas have about 270 calories and three corn tortillas have about 405 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five corn tortillas.
- Medium size corn tortilla (62 g)135 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of corn tortilla62 kcal
- Half of medium size corn tortilla67.5 kcal
- Small size corn tortilla (50g)108 kcal
- Big size corn tortilla (81g)175.5 kcal
- Two medium size corn tortillas270 kcal
- Three medium size corn tortillas405 kcal
- Four medium size corn tortillas540 kcal
- Five medium size corn tortillas675 kcal
Protein in corn tortilla
Corn tortilla has 5.7 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size corn tortilla (62 g) you can see that you will get about 3.5 g of protein.
Carbs in corn tortilla
Corn tortilla has 44.64 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size corn tortilla (62 g) has about 27.7 g of carbs.
Fat in corn tortilla
Corn tortilla has 2.85 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size corn tortilla (62 g) has about 1.8 g of fat.
medium size corn tortilla (62 g) has:135kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
corn tortilla - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.094 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.065 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)1.498 mg
- Vitaminium B60.219 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.005 mcg
- Vitaminium E0.28 mg
Energy content of corn tortilla
- 79% CARBS
- 10% PROTEIN
- 11% FAT
corn tortilla - minerals per 100g
- Potassium186 mg
- Magnessium72 mg
- Calcium81 mg
- Sodium45 mg
- Iron1.23 mg
Does corn tortilla cause weight gain? How it affects your diet?
Extremely hight number of calories in corn tortilla puts this product at the top of hight calorific bread. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific bread, corn tortilla seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other bread.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If corn tortilla contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does cod fillet have?
- Calories in a half of instant coffee
- Calories in whole instant coffee
- Calories for one, two or more instant coffee
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in oxtail?
- How much fat in calamari?
- How much protein in jumbo egg?
- What is weight of prosciutto?
- Vanilla latte calories per ounce (oz)
- Chex Mix calories per serving size