Hummus: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Hummus: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in hummus?
To illustrate, tablespoon of hummus (14 g) has about 33 calories.
It is about 1% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from tablespoon hummus is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 1.5 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you have to bike at least 5 minutes, swim for about 4 minutes or run for 3 minutes.
See also Hummus vitamins and minerals
Hummus: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in tablespoon, teaspoon, cup or half cup of hummus?
As I wrote before 100g has 237 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. tablespoon, teaspoon, cup or half cup of hummus.
- Tablespoon of hummus (14g)33 kcal
- Teaspoon of hummus (5g)12 kcal
- Cup of hummus (150g)356 kcal
- Half cup of hummus (75g)178 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of hummus67 kcal
- 10g of hummus24 kcal
- 20g of hummus47 kcal
- 50g of hummus119 kcal
- 100g of hummus237 kcal
Protein in hummus
Hummus has 7.78 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of tablespoon of hummus (14 g) you can see that you will get about 1.1 g of protein.
Carbs in hummus
Hummus has 15 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that tablespoon of hummus (14 g) has about 2.1 g of carbs.
Fat in hummus
Hummus has 17.82 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that tablespoon of hummus (14 g) has about 2.5 g of fat.
tablespoon of hummus (14 g) has:33kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
hummus - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A23 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.16 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.127 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)1.024 mg
- Vitaminium B60.146 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.048 mcg
- Vitaminium E1.54 mg
- Vitaminium K0.023 mg
Energy content of hummus
- 24% CARBS
- 12% PROTEIN
- 64% FAT
hummus - minerals per 100g
- Potassium312 mg
- Phosphorus22.8 mg
- Magnessium75 mg
- Calcium47 mg
- Sodium426 mg
- Iron2.54 mg
- Zink22.8 mg
Does hummus cause weight gain? How it affects your diet?
Number of calories in hummus is one of the highest from all products in ready to eat category. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific ready to eat, hummus seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other ready to eat.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If hummus contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does Mango lassi have?
- Calories in a half of Pozole soup
- Calories in whole Pozole soup
- Calories for one, two or more Pozole soup
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in ravioli with cheese and spinach?
- How much fat in Dove Dark Chocolate?
- How much protein in microwave popcorn?
- What is weight of broccoli slaw salad?
- Ceviche calories per ounce (oz)
- Corn muffin calories per serving size