Tofu: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Tofu: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in tofu?
In particular, tablespoon of tofu (20 g) has about 15 calories.
It is about 1% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from tablespoon tofu is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 cube of sugar
To burn this calories you have to bike at least 2 minutes, swim for about 2 minutes or run for 2 minutes.
Tofu: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in tablespoon, teaspoon, slice, cup or half cup of tofu?
As I wrote before 100g has 76 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. tablespoon, teaspoon, slice, cup or half cup of tofu.
- Tablespoon of tofu (20g)15 kcal
- Teaspoon of tofu (7g)5 kcal
- Slice of tofu (30g)23 kcal
- Cup of tofu (200g)152 kcal
- Half cup of tofu (200g)76 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of tofu22 kcal
- 10g of tofu8 kcal
- 20g of tofu15 kcal
- 50g of tofu38 kcal
- 100g of tofu76 kcal
Protein in tofu
Tofu has 8.08 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of tablespoon of tofu (20 g) you can see that you will get about 1.6 g of protein.
Carbs in tofu
Tofu has 1.87 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that tablespoon of tofu (20 g) has about 0.4 g of carbs.
Fat in tofu
Tofu has 4.78 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that tablespoon of tofu (20 g) has about 1 g of fat.
tablespoon of tofu (20 g) has:15kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
tofu - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A85 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.081 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.052 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.195 mg
- Vitaminium B60.047 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.015 mcg
- Vitaminium C0.1 mg
- Vitaminium E0.01 mg
- Vitaminium K0.002 mg
Energy content of tofu
- 9% CARBS
- 39% PROTEIN
- 52% FAT
tofu - minerals per 100g
- Potassium121 mg
- Phosphorus2.4 mg
- Magnessium30 mg
- Calcium350 mg
- Sodium7 mg
- Iron5.36 mg
- Zink2.4 mg
Does tofu make you fat and how it affect your weight?
Count of calories in tofu is one of the highest from all products in ready to eat category. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific ready to eat, tofu seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other ready to eat.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If tofu contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does tuna have?
- Calories in a half of Bosc pear
- Calories in whole Bosc pear
- Calories for one, two or more Bosc pears
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in Mango lassi?
- How much fat in buttered bagel?
- How much protein in Pozole soup?
- What is weight of ravioli with cheese and spinach?
- Dove Dark Chocolate calories per ounce (oz)
- Microwave popcorn calories per serving size