Pumpkin vs Sweet Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Pumpkin vs sweet potato - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in pumpkin is much more calories than in sweet potato.
Pumpkin has 26 kcal per 100g and sweet potato 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 231 %.
In pumpkin and in sweet potato most calories came from carbs.
pumpkin or sweet potato - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: sweet potato - 231% more than pumpkin
- Carbohydrates: sweet potato - 210% more than pumpkin
- Fat: pumpkin - 100% more than sweet potato
- Dietary fiber: sweet potato - 500% more than pumpkin
- Protein: sweet potato - 60% more than pumpkin
Pumpkin vs sweet potato nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Pumpkin||Sweet potato|
|Carbohydrates||6.5 g||20.12 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.05 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.5 g||3 g|
|Protein||1 g||1.6 g|
|Calcium||21 mg||30 mg|
|Iron||0.8 mg||0.61 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||25 mg|
|Phosphorus||44 mg||47 mg|
|Potassium||340 mg||337 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||55 mg|
|Zink||0.32 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.05 mg||0.078 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.11 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||0.557 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.298 mg||0.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.061 mg||0.209 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||16 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||9 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.06 mg||0.26 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.1 mg||1.8 mg|
|Beta karoten||3100 mg||8509 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in pumpkin is less protein than in sweet potato.
There is 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato and 1g per 100g of pumpkin so using simple math we can see that difference is about 60 %.
In pumpkin is less carbohydrates than in sweet potato.
There is 20.12g/100g of carbohydrates in sweet potato and 6.5g/100g in pumpkin so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 210 %.
In pumpkin is more fats than in sweet potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.05g/100g of fats in sweet potato and 0.1g/100g in pumpkin. In this case difference is about 100 %.
See tables below to compare pumpkin with sweet potato in details.
- Carbohydrates6.5 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber0.5 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | mashed | cup | cubes
- 84% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: sweet potato vs pumpkin
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sweet potato 56% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pumpkin 80% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): pumpkin 8% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B5: sweet potato 168% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium B6: sweet potato 243% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): pumpkin 45% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium C: pumpkin 275% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium E: pumpkin 308% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium K: sweet potato 64% more than pumpkin
- Beta karoten: sweet potato 174% more than pumpkin
Minerals: pumpkin vs sweet potato
- Calcium: sweet potato 43% more than pumpkin
- Iron: pumpkin 31% more than sweet potato
- Magnessium: sweet potato 108% more than pumpkin
- Phosphorus: sweet potato 7% more than pumpkin
- Potassium: pumpkin 1% more than sweet potato
- Sodium: sweet potato 5400% more than pumpkin
- Zink: pumpkin 7% more than sweet potato
Compares of pumpkin
- Pumpkin vs Asparagus
- Pumpkin vs Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin vs Beetroot
- Pumpkin vs Pepper
- Pumpkin vs Bitter Melon
- Pumpkin vs Calabash
- see all compares of pumpkin
Compares of sweet potato
- Calories from Pumpkin
- Calories of Purslane
- Calories in Salad chicory
- Radish calories per 100g
- Rhubarb carbs per 100g
- Salsify protein per 100g
- Shallot fat per 100g
- How many calories does spinach have?
- Calories in a half of sweet potato
- Calories in whole sweet potato
- Calories for one, two or more sweet potatos
- How much protein in chard?