Plantain vs Sweet Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Plantain
At first glance, you can see that in plantain is more calories than in sweet potato.
Plantain has 122 kcal per 100g and sweet potato 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 42%.
In plantain and in sweet potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare plantain with sweet potato in details.
Fact 2: Plantain And Sweet potato Nutrition Difference
Sweet potato vs Plantain: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Plantain||Sweet potato|
|Carbohydrates||31.89 g||20.12 g|
|Fat||0.35 g||0.05 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.7 g||3 g|
|Protein||1.3 g||1.6 g|
|Calcium||3 mg||30 mg|
|Iron||0.55 mg||0.61 mg|
|Magnessium||36 mg||25 mg|
|Potassium||487 mg||337 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||55 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.062 mg||0.078 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.076 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.672 mg||0.557 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.242 mg||0.209 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.022 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||18.4 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.029 mg||1.8 mg|
Less protein in plantain
It is aslo easy to see see that in plantain is less protein than in sweet potato.
There is 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato and 1.3g per 100g of plantain so using simple math we can see that difference is about 23%.
More carbohydrates in plantain
In plantain is more carbohydrates than in sweet potato.
There is 20.12g/100g of carbohydrates in sweet potato and 31.89g/100g in plantain so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 58%.
More fat in plantain
In plantain is more fats than in sweet potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.05g/100g of fats in sweet potato and 0.35g/100g in plantain. In this case difference is about 600%.
- Carbohydrates31.89 g
- Fat0.35 g
- Dietary fiber1.7 g
- Protein1.3 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | cup mashed
- 94% CARBS.
- 4% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: sweet potato vs plantain
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sweet potato 26% more than plantain
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): plantain 25% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): plantain 21% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B6: plantain 16% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sweet potato 49900% more than plantain
- Vitaminium C: plantain 667% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium K: sweet potato 6107% more than plantain
Minerals: plantain vs sweet potato
Compares of plantain
- Plantain vs Yuca
- Plantain vs Potato
- Plantain vs Sweet Potato
- Plantain vs White Rice
- Plantain vs Yuca
- see all compares of plantain
Compares of sweet potato
- Calories from Plantain
- Calories of Cupcake
- Calories in Filet mignon
- Rice cake calories per 100g
- Brownie carbs per 100g
- Tequila Sunrise protein per 100g
- Cooked kale fat per 100g
- How many calories does fried squash have?
- Calories in a half of frozen broccoli
- Calories in whole frozen broccoli
- Calories for one, two or more frozen broccoli
- How much protein in hoagie roll?