Banana vs Sweet Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Banana
At first glance, you can see that in banana is just a little more calories than in sweet potato.
Banana has 89 kcal per 100g and sweet potato 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 3%.
In banana and in sweet potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare banana with sweet potato in details.
Fact 2: Banana And Sweet potato Nutrition Difference
Sweet potato vs Banana: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Banana||Sweet potato|
|Carbohydrates||22.84 g||20.12 g|
|Fat||0.33 g||0.05 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g||3 g|
|Protein||1.09 g||1.6 g|
|Calcium||5 mg||30 mg|
|Iron||0.26 mg||0.61 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||25 mg|
|Phosphorus||22 mg||47 mg|
|Potassium||358 mg||337 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||55 mg|
|Zink||0.15 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.031 mg||0.078 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.073 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.665 mg||0.557 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.334 mg||0.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.367 mg||0.209 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||20 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||8.7 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.1 mg||0.26 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.5 mg||1.8 mg|
|Beta karoten||26 mg||8509 mg|
Less protein in banana
It is aslo easy to see see that in banana is less protein than in sweet potato.
There is 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato and 1.09g per 100g of banana so using simple math we can see that difference is about 47%.
More carbohydrates in banana
In banana is more carbohydrates than in sweet potato.
There is 20.12g/100g of carbohydrates in sweet potato and 22.84g/100g in banana so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 14%.
More fat in banana
In banana is more fats than in sweet potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.05g/100g of fats in sweet potato and 0.33g/100g in banana. In this case difference is about 560%.
- Carbohydrates22.84 g
- Fat0.33 g
- Dietary fiber2.6 g
- Protein1.09 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | mashed | cup | sliced
- 93% CARBS.
- 4% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: sweet potato vs banana
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sweet potato 152% more than banana
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): banana 20% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): banana 19% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B5: sweet potato 140% more than banana
- Vitaminium B6: banana 76% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): banana 82% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium C: banana 263% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium E: sweet potato 160% more than banana
- Vitaminium K: sweet potato 260% more than banana
- Beta karoten: sweet potato 32627% more than banana
Minerals: banana vs sweet potato
Compares of banana
- Banana vs Apple
- Banana vs Apricot
- Banana vs Avocado
- Banana vs Blackberry
- Banana vs Blueberries
- Banana vs Melon
- see all compares of banana
Compares of sweet potato
- Calories from Banana
- Calories of Apple
- Calories in Blackberries
- Blackcurrant calories per 100g
- Blueberries carbs per 100g
- Melon protein per 100g
- Cherimoya fat per 100g
- How many calories do cherries have?
- Calories in a half of dates
- Calories in whole dates
- Calories for one, two or more dates
- Calories in handful of dates
- How much protein in durian?