Bamboo Shoots vs Pumpkin: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Bamboo shoots
At first glance, you can see that in bamboo shoots is just a little more calories than in pumpkin.
Bamboo shoots has 27 kcal per 100g and pumpkin 26 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 4%.
In bamboo shoots and in pumpkin most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bamboo shoots with pumpkin in details.
Fact 2: Bamboo shoots And Pumpkin Nutrition Difference
Pumpkin vs Bamboo shoots: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bamboo shoots||Pumpkin|
|Carbohydrates||5.2 g||6.5 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.2 g||0.5 g|
|Protein||2.6 g||1 g|
|Calcium||13 mg||21 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.8 mg|
|Magnessium||3 mg||12 mg|
|Phosphorus||59 mg||44 mg|
|Potassium||533 mg||340 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||1.1 mg||0.32 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.15 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.11 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.161 mg||0.298 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.24 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||7 mg||16 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4 mg||9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1 mg||1.06 mg|
More protein in bamboo shoots
It is aslo easy to see see that in bamboo shoots is more protein than in pumpkin.
There is 1g per 100g of pumpkin and 2.6g per 100g of bamboo shoots so using simple math we can see that difference is about 160%.
Less carbohydrates in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is less carbohydrates than in pumpkin.
There is 6.5g/100g of carbohydrates in pumpkin and 5.2g/100g in bamboo shoots so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 25%.
More fat in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is more fats than in pumpkin.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in pumpkin and 0.3g/100g in bamboo shoots. In this case difference is about 200%.
- Carbohydrates5.2 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.2 g
- Protein2.6 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 61% CARBS.
- 31% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: pumpkin vs bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): bamboo shoots 200% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pumpkin 57% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): pumpkin 0% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B5: pumpkin 85% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B6: bamboo shoots 293% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): pumpkin 129% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium C: pumpkin 125% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium E: pumpkin 6% more than bamboo shoots
Minerals: bamboo shoots vs pumpkin
- Calcium: pumpkin 62% more than bamboo shoots
- Iron: pumpkin 60% more than bamboo shoots
- Magnessium: pumpkin 300% more than bamboo shoots
- Phosphorus: bamboo shoots 34% more than pumpkin
- Potassium: bamboo shoots 57% more than pumpkin
- Sodium: bamboo shoots 300% more than pumpkin
- Zink: bamboo shoots 244% more than pumpkin
Compares of bamboo shoots
- Bamboo Shoots vs Artichoke
- Bamboo Shoots vs Asparagus
- Bamboo Shoots vs Beetroot
- Bamboo Shoots vs Broccoli
- Bamboo Shoots vs Cabbage
- Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bamboo shoots
Compares of pumpkin
- Calories from Bamboo shoots
- Calories of Basella
- Calories in Beetroot
- Red bell pepper calories per 100g
- Bitter melon carbs per 100g
- Bok choy lettuce protein per 100g
- Calabash fat per 100g
- How many calories does broccoli have?
- Calories in a half of Brussels sprouts
- Calories in whole Brussels sprouts
- Calories for one, two or more Brussels sprouts
- Calories in handful of Brussels sprouts
- How much protein in butternut squash?