Spinach: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in spinach?
Case in point, handful of spinach (1 oz) has about 6 calories.
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 6 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful of spinach is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- less than half of sugar cube
Take a look at tables below to see details about spinach nutrition.
See all nutrition data of spinach on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Handful of Spinach (1 Oz), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||handful of spinach (1 oz)|
|Carbs Total||3.63 g||1.03 g||1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.2 g||0.62 g||0.6 g|
|Fat||0.39 g||0.11 g||0.1 g|
|Protein||2.86 g||0.81 g||0.8 g|
spinach - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A9377 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.078 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.189 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)0.724 mg
- Vit B50.065 mg
- Vit B60.195 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)194 mcg
- Vit C28.1 mg
- Vit E2.03 mg
- Vit K482.9 mg
Energy content of spinach
- 49% CARBS
- 39% PROTEIN
- 12% FAT
spinach - minerals per 100g
- Potassium558 mg
- Magnessium79 mg
- Calcium99 mg
- Sodium79 mg
- Iron2.71 mg
- Zink0.53 mg
- Beta karoten5626 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 spinach leaves?
As I wrote before handful of spinach (1 oz) has 6 calories. It is easy to count that two spinach leaves have about 12 calories and three spinach leaves have about 18 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five spinach leaves.
- Handful of spinach leaves (28g)6 kcal
- Tablespoon of spinach (5g)1 kcal
- Cup of spinach (30g)7 kcal
- Half cup of spinach (15g)3 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of spinach7 kcal
- Half of medium size spinach3 kcal
- Small size spinach (22g)4.8 kcal
- Big size spinach (36g)7.8 kcal
- Two medium size spinach leaves12 kcal
- Three medium size spinach leaves18 kcal
- Four medium size spinach leaves24 kcal
- Five medium size spinach leaves30 kcal
Protein in spinach
Spinach has 2.86 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of spinach (1 oz) you can see that you will get about 0.8 g of protein.
Carbs in spinach
Spinach has 3.63 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of spinach (1 oz) has about 1 g of carbs.
Fat in spinach
Spinach has 0.39 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of spinach (1 oz) has about 0.1 g of fat.
handful of spinach (1 oz) has:6kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare spinach with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how spinach looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.