Pumpkin vs Yam: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Pumpkin
At first glance, you can see that in pumpkin is much less calories than in yam.
Pumpkin has 26 kcal per 100g and yam 108 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 315%.
In pumpkin and in yam most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare pumpkin with yam in details.
Fact 2: Pumpkin And Yam Nutrition Difference
Yam vs Pumpkin: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||6.5 g||27.88 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.17 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.5 g||4.1 g|
|Protein||1 g||1.53 g|
|Calcium||21 mg||17 mg|
|Iron||0.8 mg||0.54 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||21 mg|
|Phosphorus||44 mg||55 mg|
|Potassium||340 mg||816 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||9 mg|
|Zink||0.32 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.05 mg||0.112 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.11 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||0.552 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.298 mg||0.314 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.061 mg||0.293 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||16 mg||23 mg|
|Vitaminium C||9 mg||17.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.06 mg||0.35 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.1 mg||2.3 mg|
|Beta karoten||3100 mg||83 mg|
Less protein in pumpkin
It is aslo easy to see see that in pumpkin is less protein than in yam.
There is 1.53g per 100g of yam and 1g per 100g of pumpkin so using simple math we can see that difference is about 53%.
Less carbohydrates in pumpkin
In pumpkin is less carbohydrates than in yam.
There is 27.88g/100g of carbohydrates in yam and 6.5g/100g in pumpkin so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 329%.
Less fat in pumpkin
In pumpkin is less fats than in yam.
The tables above show us that there is 0.17g/100g of fats in yam and 0.1g/100g in pumpkin. In this case difference is about 70%.
- Carbohydrates6.5 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber0.5 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | mashed | cup | cubes
- 84% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: yam vs pumpkin
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): yam 124% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pumpkin 244% more than yam
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): pumpkin 9% more than yam
- Vitaminium B5: yam 5% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium B6: yam 380% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): yam 44% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium C: yam 90% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium E: pumpkin 203% more than yam
- Vitaminium K: yam 109% more than pumpkin
- Beta karoten: pumpkin 3635% more than yam
Minerals: pumpkin vs yam
Compares of pumpkin
- Pumpkin vs Asparagus
- Pumpkin vs Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin vs Beetroot
- Pumpkin vs Pepper
- Pumpkin vs Bitter Melon
- Pumpkin vs Calabash
- see all compares of pumpkin
Compares of yam
- Calories from Pumpkin
- Calories of Purslane
- Calories in Salad chicory
- Radish calories per 100g
- Rhubarb carbs per 100g
- Salsify protein per 100g
- Shallot fat per 100g
- How many calories does spinach have?
- Calories in a half of sweet potato
- Calories in whole sweet potato
- Calories for one, two or more sweet potatos
- How much protein in chard?