Fava Beans: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in fava beans?
To show you what does it mean, handful of fava beans (40 g) have about 136 calories.
It is about 6% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 136 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful of fava beans is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 2.5 apples
- 1.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 7 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about fava beans nutrition.
See all nutrition data of fava beans on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Handful of Fava Beans (40 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||handful of fava beans (40 g)|
|Carbs Total||58.59 g||16.61 g||23.4 g|
|Dietary fiber||25 g||7.09 g||10 g|
|Fat||1.53 g||0.43 g||0.6 g|
|Protein||26.12 g||7.41 g||10.4 g|
fava beans - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A53 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.555 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.333 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)2.832 mg
- Vit B50.976 mg
- Vit B60.366 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)423 mcg
- Vit C1.4 mg
- Vit K9 mg
Energy content of fava beans
- 66% CARBS
- 30% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
fava beans - minerals per 100g
- Potassium1062 mg
- Phosphorus421 mg
- Magnessium192 mg
- Calcium103 mg
- Sodium13 mg
- Iron6.7 mg
- Zink3.14 mg
Compare fava beans:
- fava beans vs chickpeas
- fava beans vs lentil
- fava beans vs peas
- fava beans vs black beans
- fava beans vs kidney beans
- fava beans vs garbanzo beans
- fava beans vs pinto beans
- fava beans vs edamame
- fava beans vs soybean
- fava beans vs lima beans
- fava beans vs broccoli
- fava beans vs moringa
- see all compares of fava beans
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 fava beans?
As I wrote before handful of fava beans (40 g) have 136 calories. It is easy to count that two fava beans have about 272 calories and three fava beans have about 408 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five fava beans.
- Handful of fava beans (40g)136 kcal
- Tablespoon of fava beans (9g)31 kcal
- Cup of fava beans (126g)430 kcal
- Half cup of fava beans (63g)215 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of fava beans97 kcal
- Half of medium size fava beans68 kcal
- Small size fava beans (32g)108.8 kcal
- Big size fava beans (52g)176.8 kcal
- Two medium size fava beans272 kcal
- Three medium size fava beans408 kcal
- Four medium size fava beans544 kcal
- Five medium size fava beans680 kcal
Protein in fava beans
Fava beans have 26.12 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of fava beans (40 g) you can see that you will get about 10.4 g of protein.
Carbs in fava beans
Fava beans have 58.59 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of fava beans (40 g) has about 23.4 g of carbs.
Fat in fava beans
Fava beans have 1.53 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of fava beans (40 g) has about 0.6 g of fat.
handful of fava beans (40 g) has:136kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare fava beans with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how fava beans look like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does moringa have?
- Calories in a half of okra
- Calories in whole okra
- Calories for one, two or more okra fruits
- Calories in handful of okra fruits
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in onion?
- How much fat in parsnips?
- How much protein in peas?
- What is weight of potato?
- Pumpkin calories per ounce (oz)
- Purslane calories per serving size