Fava Beans: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Fava beans: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in fava beans?
To show you what does it mean, handful of fava beans (40 g) has about 136 calories.
It is about 6% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from handful fava beans is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 2.5 apples
- 1.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 7 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you have to bike at least 19 minutes, swim for about 16 minutes or run for 14 minutes.
See all nutrition data of fava beans on charts.
Fava beans: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in handful, tablespoon, cup or half cup of fava beans?
As I wrote before 100g have 341 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. handful, tablespoon, cup or half cup of fava beans.
- Handful of fava beans (40g)136 kcal
- Tablespoon of fava beans (9g)31 kcal
- Cup of fava beans (126g)430 kcal
- Half cup of fava beans (63g)215 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of fava beans97 kcal
- 10g of fava beans34 kcal
- 20g of fava beans68 kcal
- 50g of fava beans171 kcal
- 100g of fava beans341 kcal
Protein in fava beans
Fava beans have 26.12 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of fava beans (40 g) you can see that you will get about 10.4 g of protein.
Carbs in fava beans
Fava beans have 58.59 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of fava beans (40 g) has about 23.4 g of carbs.
Fat in fava beans
Fava beans have 1.53 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of fava beans (40 g) has about 0.6 g of fat.
handful of fava beans (40 g) has:136kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
fava beans - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A53 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.555 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.333 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)2.832 mg
- Vitaminium B50.976 mg
- Vitaminium B60.366 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)423 mcg
- Vitaminium C1.4 mg
- Vitaminium K9 mg
Energy content of fava beans
- 66% CARBS
- 30% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
fava beans - minerals per 100g
- Potassium1062 mg
- Phosphorus421 mg
- Magnessium192 mg
- Calcium103 mg
- Sodium13 mg
- Iron6.7 mg
- Zink3.14 mg
Do fava beans cause weight gain? Whether it is good to eat fava beans on diet?
Number of calories in fava beans is one of the highest from all products in vegetables category. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific vegetables, fava beans seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other vegetables.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If fava beans contain nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare fava beans with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how fava beans look like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does moringa have?
- Calories in a half of okra
- Calories in whole okra
- Calories for one, two or more okra fruits
- Calories in handful of okra fruits
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in onion?
- How much fat in parsnips?
- How much protein in peas?
- What is weight of potato?
- Pumpkin calories per ounce (oz)
- Purslane calories per serving size