Kale: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in kale?
In particular, handful of kale (25 g) has about 12 calories.
It is about 1% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 12 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful of kale is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 cube of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about kale nutrition.
See all nutrition data of kale on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Handful of Kale (25 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||handful of kale (25 g)|
|Carbs Total||8.75 g||2.48 g||2.2 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.6 g||1.02 g||0.9 g|
|Fat||0.93 g||0.26 g||0.2 g|
|Protein||4.28 g||1.21 g||1.1 g|
kale - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A9990 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.11 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.13 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)1 mg
- Vit B50.091 mg
- Vit B60.271 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)141 mcg
- Vit C120 mg
- Vit K704.8 mg
Energy content of kale
- 58% CARBS
- 28% PROTEIN
- 14% FAT
kale - minerals per 100g
- Potassium491 mg
- Phosphorus92 mg
- Magnessium47 mg
- Calcium150 mg
- Sodium38 mg
- Iron1.47 mg
- Zink0.56 mg
- Beta karoten5927 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 kale leaves?
As I wrote before handful of kale (25 g) has 12 calories. It is easy to count that two kale leaves have about 24 calories and three kale leaves have about 36 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five kale leaves.
- Handful of kale leaves (25g)12 kcal
- Kale cup, chopped (67g)33 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of kale14 kcal
- Half of medium size kale6 kcal
- Small size kale (20g)9.6 kcal
- Big size kale (33g)15.6 kcal
- Two medium size kale leaves24 kcal
- Three medium size kale leaves36 kcal
- Four medium size kale leaves48 kcal
- Five medium size kale leaves60 kcal
Protein in kale
Kale has 4.28 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of kale (25 g) you can see that you will get about 1.1 g of protein.
Carbs in kale
Kale has 8.75 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of kale (25 g) has about 2.2 g of carbs.
Fat in kale
Kale has 0.93 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of kale (25 g) has about 0.2 g of fat.
handful of kale (25 g) has:12kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare kale with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how kale looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does okra have?
- Calories in a half of parsnips
- Calories in whole parsnips
- Calories for one, two or more parsnips
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in peas?
- How much fat in potato?
- How much protein in pumpkin?
- What is weight of purslane?
- Salad chicory calories per ounce (oz)
- Radish calories per serving size