Bamboo Shoots: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in bamboo shoots?
100g of bamboo shoots have about 27 calories (kcal).
Calories per: ounce | handful | tablespoon | cup | half cup
In particular, handful of bamboo shoots (120 g) have about 32 calories.
It is about 1% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 32 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful of bamboo shoots is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 1.5 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about bamboo shoots nutrition.
See all nutrition data of bamboo shoots on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Handful of Bamboo Shoots (120 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||handful of bamboo shoots (120 g)|
|Carbs Total||5.2 g||1.47 g||6.2 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.2 g||0.62 g||2.6 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||< 0.1 g||0.4 g|
|Protein||2.6 g||0.74 g||3.1 g|
bamboo shoots - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A20 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.15 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.07 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)0.6 mg
- Vit B50.161 mg
- Vit B60.24 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)7 mcg
- Vit C4 mg
- Vit E1 mg
Energy content of bamboo shoots
- 61% CARBS
- 31% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
bamboo shoots - minerals per 100g
- Potassium533 mg
- Phosphorus59 mg
- Magnessium3 mg
- Calcium13 mg
- Sodium4 mg
- Iron0.5 mg
- Zink1.1 mg
Compare bamboo shoots:
- bamboo shoots vs asparagus
- bamboo shoots vs cabbage
- bamboo shoots vs lotus root
- bamboo shoots vs pumpkin
- bamboo shoots vs artichoke
- bamboo shoots vs potato
- bamboo shoots vs broccoli
- bamboo shoots vs moringa
- bamboo shoots vs corn
- bamboo shoots vs beetroot
- bamboo shoots vs zucchini
- bamboo shoots vs turnip
- see all compares of bamboo shoots
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 bamboo shoots?
As I wrote before handful of bamboo shoots (120 g) have 32 calories. It is easy to count that two bamboo shoots have about 64 calories and three bamboo shoots have about 96 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five bamboo shoots.
- Handful of bamboo shoots (120g)32 kcal
- Tablespoon of bamboo shoots (15g)4 kcal
- Cup of bamboo shoots (131g)35 kcal
- Half cup of bamboo shoots (65.5g)18 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of bamboo shoots8 kcal
- Half of medium size bamboo shoots16 kcal
- Small size bamboo shoots (96g)25.6 kcal
- Big size bamboo shoots (156g)41.6 kcal
- Two medium size bamboo shoots64 kcal
- Three medium size bamboo shoots96 kcal
- Four medium size bamboo shoots128 kcal
- Five medium size bamboo shoots160 kcal
Protein in bamboo shoots
Bamboo shoots have 2.6 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of bamboo shoots (120 g) you can see that you will get about 3.1 g of protein.
Carbs in bamboo shoots
Bamboo shoots have 5.2 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of bamboo shoots (120 g) has about 6.2 g of carbs.
Fat in bamboo shoots
Bamboo shoots have 0.3 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of bamboo shoots (120 g) has about 0.4 g of fat.
handful of bamboo shoots (120 g) has:32kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare bamboo shoots with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how bamboo shoots look like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does rapini have?
- Calories in a half of butternut squash
- Calories in whole butternut squash
- Calories for one, two or more butternut squashes
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in cabbage?
- How much fat in carrot?
- How much protein in cassava?
- What is weight of cauliflower?
- Fodder cabbage calories per ounce (oz)
- Cucumber calories per serving size