Bitter Melon: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in bitter melon?
To illustrate, medium size bitter melon (60 g) has about 10 calories.
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 10 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from bitter melon is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 cube of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about bitter melon nutrition.
See all nutrition data of bitter melon on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Medium Size Bitter Melon (60 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||medium size bitter melon (60 g)|
|Carbs Total||3.7 g||1.05 g||2.2 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||0.79 g||1.7 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||< 0.1 g||0.1 g|
|Protein||1 g||0.28 g||0.6 g|
bitter melon - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A471 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.04 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.04 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)0.4 mg
- Vit B50.212 mg
- Vit B60.043 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)72 mcg
- Vit C84 mg
Energy content of bitter melon
- 73% CARBS
- 20% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
bitter melon - minerals per 100g
- Potassium296 mg
- Magnessium17 mg
- Calcium19 mg
- Sodium5 mg
- Iron0.43 mg
- Zink0.8 mg
- Beta karoten185 mg
Compare bitter melon:
- bitter melon vs moringa
- bitter melon vs broccoli
- bitter melon vs kale
- bitter melon vs okra
- bitter melon vs potato
- bitter melon vs eggplant
- bitter melon vs carrot
- bitter melon vs sweet potato
- bitter melon vs Brussels sprouts
- bitter melon vs cauliflower
- bitter melon vs spinach
- bitter melon vs watercress
- see all compares of bitter melon
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 bitter melons?
As I wrote before medium size bitter melon (60 g) have 10 calories. It is easy to count that two bitter melons have about 20 calories and three bitter melons have about 30 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five bitter melons.
- Medium size bitter melon (60 g)10 kcal
- Cup of bitter melon (94g)16 kcal
- Half cup of bitter melon (47g)8 kcal
- Bitter melon cup, boiled (124g)21 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of bitter melons5 kcal
- Half of medium size bitter melon5 kcal
- Small size bitter melon (48g)8 kcal
- Big size bitter melon (78g)13 kcal
- Two medium size bitter melons20 kcal
- Three medium size bitter melons30 kcal
- Four medium size bitter melons40 kcal
- Five medium size bitter melons50 kcal
Protein in bitter melon
Bitter melons have 1 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size bitter melon (60 g) you can see that you will get about 0.6 g of protein.
Carbs in bitter melons
Bitter melons have 3.7 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size bitter melon (60 g) has about 2.2 g of carbs.
Fat in bitter melons
Bitter melons have 0.17 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size bitter melon (60 g) has about 0.1 g of fat.
medium size bitter melon (60 g) has:10kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare bitter melon with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how bitter melon looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does carrot have?
- Calories in a half of cauliflower
- Calories in whole cauliflower
- Calories for one, two or more cauliflowers
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in fodder cabbage?
- How much fat in cucumber?
- How much protein in eggplant?
- What is weight of endive?
- Fava beans calories per ounce (oz)
- Fennel calories per serving size