Bamboo Shoots vs Broccoli: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bamboo shoots
At first glance, you can see that in bamboo shoots is less calories than in broccoli.
Bamboo shoots has 27 kcal per 100g and broccoli 34 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 26%.
In bamboo shoots and in broccoli most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bamboo shoots with broccoli in details.
Fact 2: Bamboo shoots And Broccoli Nutrition Difference
Broccoli vs Bamboo shoots: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bamboo shoots||Broccoli|
|Carbohydrates||5.2 g||6.64 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.37 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.2 g||2.6 g|
|Protein||2.6 g||2.82 g|
|Calcium||13 mg||47 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.73 mg|
|Magnessium||3 mg||21 mg|
|Potassium||533 mg||316 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||33 mg|
|Zink||1.1 mg||0.41 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.15 mg||0.071 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.117 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||0.639 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.161 mg||0.573 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.24 mg||0.175 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||7 mg||63 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4 mg||89.2 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1 mg||0.17 mg|
Less protein in bamboo shoots
It is aslo easy to see see that in bamboo shoots is less protein than in broccoli.
There is 2.82g per 100g of broccoli and 2.6g per 100g of bamboo shoots so using simple math we can see that difference is about 8%.
Less carbohydrates in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is less carbohydrates than in broccoli.
There is 6.64g/100g of carbohydrates in broccoli and 5.2g/100g in bamboo shoots so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 28%.
Less fat in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is less fats than in broccoli.
The tables above show us that there is 0.37g/100g of fats in broccoli and 0.3g/100g in bamboo shoots. In this case difference is about 23%.
- Carbohydrates5.2 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.2 g
- Protein2.6 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 61% CARBS.
- 31% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: broccoli vs bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): bamboo shoots 111% more than broccoli
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): broccoli 67% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): broccoli 7% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B5: broccoli 256% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B6: bamboo shoots 37% more than broccoli
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): broccoli 800% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium C: broccoli 2130% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium E: bamboo shoots 488% more than broccoli
Minerals: bamboo shoots vs broccoli
Compares of bamboo shoots
- Bamboo Shoots vs Artichoke
- Bamboo Shoots vs Asparagus
- Bamboo Shoots vs Beetroot
- Bamboo Shoots vs Broccoli
- Bamboo Shoots vs Cabbage
- Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bamboo shoots
Compares of broccoli
- Calories from Bamboo shoots
- Calories of Basella
- Calories in Beetroot
- Red bell pepper calories per 100g
- Bitter melon carbs per 100g
- Bok choy lettuce protein per 100g
- Calabash fat per 100g
- How many calories does broccoli have?
- Calories in a half of Brussels sprouts
- Calories in whole Brussels sprouts
- Calories for one, two or more Brussels sprouts
- Calories in handful of Brussels sprouts
- How much protein in butternut squash?
- Bamboo Shoots vs Cabbage nutrition
- Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant calories
- Bamboo Shoots vs Leek protein
- Bamboo Shoots vs Lotus Root sugar
- Bamboo Shoots vs Moringa vitamins
- Bamboo Shoots vs Parsnips dietary fiber
- Bamboo Shoots vs Potato vitaminium C
- Bamboo Shoots vs Pumpkin magnessium
- Bamboo Shoots vs Spinach potassium