Bamboo Shoots vs Spinach: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
More Calories in Bamboo shoots
At first glance, you can see that in bamboo shoots is more calories than in spinach.
Bamboo shoots has 27 kcal per 100g and spinach 23 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 17%.
In bamboo shoots and in spinach most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bamboo shoots with spinach in details.
Bamboo shoots And Spinach Nutrition Difference
Spinach vs Bamboo shoots: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bamboo shoots||Spinach|
|Carbohydrates||5.2 g||3.63 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.39 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.2 g||2.2 g|
|Protein||2.6 g||2.86 g|
|Calcium||13 mg||99 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||2.71 mg|
|Magnessium||3 mg||79 mg|
|Potassium||533 mg||558 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||79 mg|
|Zink||1.1 mg||0.53 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.15 mg||0.078 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.189 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||0.724 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.161 mg||0.065 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.24 mg||0.195 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||7 mg||194 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4 mg||28.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1 mg||2.03 mg|
Less protein in bamboo shoots
It is aslo easy to see see that in bamboo shoots is less protein than in spinach.
There is 2.86g per 100g of spinach and 2.6g per 100g of bamboo shoots so using simple math we can see that difference is about 10%.
More carbohydrates in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is more carbohydrates than in spinach.
There is 3.63g/100g of carbohydrates in spinach and 5.2g/100g in bamboo shoots so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 43%.
Less fat in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is less fats than in spinach.
The tables above show us that there is 0.39g/100g of fats in spinach and 0.3g/100g in bamboo shoots. In this case difference is about 30%.
- Carbohydrates5.2 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.2 g
- Protein2.6 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 61% CARBS.
- 31% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: spinach vs bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
bamboo shoots - 92% more than spinach
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
spinach - 170% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
spinach - 21% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B5:
bamboo shoots - 148% more than spinach
- Vitaminium B6:
bamboo shoots - 23% more than spinach
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
spinach - 2671% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium C:
spinach - 603% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium E:
spinach - 103% more than bamboo shoots
Minerals: bamboo shoots vs spinach
Compares of bamboo shoots
- Bamboo Shoots vs Artichoke
- Bamboo Shoots vs Asparagus
- Bamboo Shoots vs Beetroot
- Bamboo Shoots vs Broccoli
- Bamboo Shoots vs Cabbage
- Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bamboo shoots
Compares of spinach
- Calories from Bamboo shoots
- Calories of Basella
- Calories in Beetroot
- Red bell pepper calories per 100g
- Bitter melon carbs per 100g
- Bok choy lettuce protein per 100g
- Calabash fat per 100g
- How many calories does broccoli have?
- Calories in a half of Brussels sprouts
- Calories in whole Brussels sprouts
- Calories for one, two or more Brussels sprouts
- Calories in handful of Brussels sprouts
- How much protein in butternut squash?
- Bamboo Shoots vs Corn nutrition
- Bamboo Shoots vs Turnip calories
- Bamboo Shoots vs Watercress protein
- Bamboo Shoots vs Zucchini sugar
- Bamboo Shoots vs Ginger vitamins
- Beetroot vs Pepper dietary fiber
- Beetroot vs Broccoli vitaminium C
- Beetroot vs Brussels Sprouts magnessium
- Beetroot vs Butternut Squash potassium