Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Bamboo shoots
At first glance, you can see that in bamboo shoots is more calories than in eggplant.
Bamboo shoots has 27 kcal per 100g and eggplant 24 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 13%.
In bamboo shoots and in eggplant most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bamboo shoots with eggplant in details.
Fact 2: Bamboo shoots And Eggplant Nutrition Difference
Eggplant vs Bamboo shoots: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bamboo shoots||Eggplant|
|Carbohydrates||5.2 g||5.7 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.19 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.2 g||3.4 g|
|Protein||2.6 g||1 g|
|Calcium||13 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.24 mg|
|Magnessium||3 mg||14 mg|
|Potassium||533 mg||230 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||1.1 mg||0.16 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.15 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.037 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||0.649 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.161 mg||0.281 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.24 mg||0.084 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||7 mg||22 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4 mg||2.2 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1 mg||0.3 mg|
More protein in bamboo shoots
It is aslo easy to see see that in bamboo shoots is more protein than in eggplant.
There is 1g per 100g of eggplant and 2.6g per 100g of bamboo shoots so using simple math we can see that difference is about 160%.
Less carbohydrates in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is less carbohydrates than in eggplant.
There is 5.7g/100g of carbohydrates in eggplant and 5.2g/100g in bamboo shoots so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 10%.
More fat in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is more fats than in eggplant.
The tables above show us that there is 0.19g/100g of fats in eggplant and 0.3g/100g in bamboo shoots. In this case difference is about 58%.
- Carbohydrates5.2 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.2 g
- Protein2.6 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 61% CARBS.
- 31% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: eggplant vs bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): bamboo shoots 285% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): bamboo shoots 89% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): eggplant 8% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B5: eggplant 75% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B6: bamboo shoots 186% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): eggplant 214% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium C: bamboo shoots 82% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium E: bamboo shoots 233% more than eggplant
Minerals: bamboo shoots vs eggplant
Compares of bamboo shoots
- Bamboo Shoots vs Artichoke
- Bamboo Shoots vs Asparagus
- Bamboo Shoots vs Beetroot
- Bamboo Shoots vs Broccoli
- Bamboo Shoots vs Cabbage
- Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bamboo shoots
Compares of eggplant
- Calories from Bamboo shoots
- Calories of Basella
- Calories in Beetroot
- Red bell pepper calories per 100g
- Bitter melon carbs per 100g
- Bok choy lettuce protein per 100g
- Calabash fat per 100g
- How many calories does broccoli have?
- Calories in a half of Brussels sprouts
- Calories in whole Brussels sprouts
- Calories for one, two or more Brussels sprouts
- Calories in handful of Brussels sprouts
- How much protein in butternut squash?
- Bamboo Shoots vs Leek nutrition
- Bamboo Shoots vs Lotus Root calories
- Bamboo Shoots vs Moringa protein
- Bamboo Shoots vs Parsnips sugar
- Bamboo Shoots vs Potato vitamins
- Bamboo Shoots vs Pumpkin dietary fiber
- Bamboo Shoots vs Spinach vitaminium C
- Bamboo Shoots vs Corn magnessium
- Bamboo Shoots vs Turnip potassium